This weekend there was a competition at my sportsclub, therefore we were there the whole weekend helping out while I wasn't competing myself. I helped out at the show jumping arena, on the course that is, with fixing fences if someone crashed or picking up poles when they fell down. Basically maintenance of the arena during the competitions. I really enjoy doing this as I think it is not difficult, you just have to make sure that you know the course so that you don't come in the way for any riders, and it is great fun because you learn so much by just watching others succeed or when they make mistakes. I become really inspired for when its my turn!

The competing for me went okay. The first day I rode one 1m20, where my horse felt really strong and therefore I couldn't ride him in the canter that I needed. We had some complications to the end of the course were he stopped on the first fence in the second combination, which I fully understand because I did not put him nicely to the fence and lost my legs, and since he is a careful horse he does not jump if I don't support him all the way. Then I changed the bit to a stronger one the second day, were I could keep a better canter and not be afraid to push him a little extra because I knew that he would listen to me. We got a nice clear round and was placed ninth!

Design your blog - select from dozens of ready-made templates or make your own; simply “point & click” - Click here



This summer I spent two weeks working in Holland at the famous show jumping stable Stal Hendrix. My first trip there was in the summer of 2016. I went alone and was going to stay for 10 days. This time I was kind of used to the environment. It was a very developing trip for me, both of them.

First of all, I wasn’t paid for working there, I did it for myself to gain experience and meet new people and visit new places.

A normal day at Stal Hendrix was starting at 8 o clock and finishing at 5. Some days we had to start earlier due to the warm temperature outside, but then we usually finished at lunch instead.

All the grooms (“workers”) were spread out in four different stables. They had three stables with one or more riders (that basically trained and competed the horses), each rider had at least one groom. Then there was one stable for quests, they had a lot of people coming from America/Canada to train and compete their horses in Holland, as well as horses that basically had no place in the other stables.

The first thing we did in the mornings was to give all the horses breakfast. They were given hay and pellets. After that we started to clean out each box. Some horses stood on shavings while others on straw. When the boxes were cleaned we filled them with new fresh shavings and straw. It wasn’t that complicated, but it was heavy. And especially when the temperature reached 30 degrees… When the horses finished breakfast, around 9 o clock that was, some were put in the walker (a machine were up to 6 horses could walk in at the same time) and the grooms started making one horse ready for their rider. Usually I helped with riding some horses, since the rider I worked for had about 10 of them and a baby to look after. At 10 o clock, it was time for coffee, so each rider had time for 1 or two horses before that. Afterwards we continued with tacking up/tacking off horses, putting some in the walker and talking others out of the walker. Some had to go in the field as well which they needed to be tacked up for, with boots and fly blankets etc. At max I got to ride 6 horses per day, when the other riders needed help because they were going to a show or such. Around 12 o clock, the horses were given lunch, some pellets and muesli. And we got to go for lunch as well. After lunch, we worked the same until 4 o clock, were we gave them hay and cleaned out the boxes with shavings to make it easier for the next day. We also swept the floor and cleaned all the tack that had been used during the day. Then when everything was finished and we could go the clock was around 5 if we had been efficient during the day.

Some days were of course different, depending on the weather and if we had any show to go to.

As I said before, this was a very developing journey for me. To travel all alone to a different country and to work with people that doesn’t speak your language. At first it was a bit scary, especially the airport. But I think it developed myself when it comes to meeting new people. Since I met people from all over the world like America and Canada, Lebanon and Japan, it really made myself open up and become more social. And since we all were there for the same reason, because we all love the world of show jumping and horses, it wasn’t that difficult to connect with each of them. As well as working with people with a different culture, I also got to meet people with different backgrounds. Not everyone had been rich from the beginning, many had to work hard for it. Which was really inspiring to see, and to meet these people and get to talk to superstars like Laura Kraut and Nick Skelton, who were so nice, it was an amazing feeling. I can’t say that I am a judgemental person, but this trip has made me realize that you ca never judge anyone before you have really met them. And I think that is a great achievement in life to be aware of.

Me and my superstar jumping 1m35 from yesterday!



Last week I did my first competition here in Sweden with my new horse Vegas. The day before we "rehearsed" a bit with my trainer, just some flatwork and then we jumped a smaller course a couple of times. It felt great.

So the competition-day... I rode one 1m10 and one 1m20. In the 1m10 my riding was a bit lame at the start but I got it together during the course. In the jump-off I took it really slow because winning prices in 1m10 is not my goal with this horse. With this horse I want to jump much higher fences and therefore I want to make good rounds and be clear. In the 1m20 although.. I rode sooo so well and Vegas felt super fresh! There was some chaos in the warm-up ring, a rider fell off and a horse ran loose and there were just too many riders in there.. So he was a bit crazy haha. He is just so sensitive to sound and movement so I decided not to jump so much. As I said, in the ring he was so fresh.. He jumped amazing and I rode so focused and nailed all the distances at the beginning of the course. Then I came a little bit close on number 6, a vertical, and then there was quite a short turn to number 7 which were an oxer. And when I turned up to that fence I had way too little power from his hind legs and I couldn't decide if I wanted to go big or close on the fence. I ended up not deciding and basically my legs went off and my mind went blank and my horse stopped because I didn't give him any signals, my fault! After that I just took a quick turn, jumped it again and finished the course. I also got one down because I layed him way to close on a vertical. I was really unfocused after he'd stopped so the rest of the round was shit. I know I can do so much better, and for my horse these heights are a piece of cake so there really shouldn't be a problem for any of us. But I feel like my mind can't stay focused for long enough, and when I loose focus I stop riding. I am a bit disappointed in myself. My goal is to ride 1m30 before the end of this year. And before I do that I need to have three clear rounds in 1m20. I will train again on wednesday and then on Saturday we ride a 1m20 again. After that we will have two weeks to practice before the next competition.

Here's a picture from the competition!



I should have made a blogpost a couple of days ago..There's been sooo much things going on the latest days. I will take it shortly just as a quick update.

Last wednesday my very best friend Emma took me to gym with her. It was the first time going to the gym for me and I don't think I have done exercises like this since elementary school haha (since we don't have P.E on the IB). We did back, shoulders and triceps! It was painful but I guess that's the point. We also did a few belly exercises. We also went there on both thursday and friday (I had a free trial of 10 days so that´s why). On thursday we did legs and butt, and belly as well. On friday we did chest and biceps. My whole body´s been aching since then, and now it´s wednesday.. Great experience though! And Emma was of great help.

On saturday I volunteered to help my sportsclub on their competition. I sat with the judge writing done the results of each and every rider. It was great and I feel like I learned a lot. Afterwards I helped out to change the course for the competition the day after. It wasn't all that great since the fences are quite heavy and my body was already so tired after all the the gym exercises.. But at least I was of help.

On Sunday it was my birthday, which we celebrated with some relatives. We ate dinner and opened some presents. And I am so so grateful for what I got!

The rest of the time I have hung out with some of my friends. We have been going to clubs and doing some shopping and such.

As I said before, today it is wednesday. All I have to do today is to study, train and prepare for a competition I have tomorrow.

​Put Vegas on the trailer the other day to see if he would fit (since he`s so big haha). The horse trucks are much shorter and when he stood too narrow he would start kicking. But he actually liked the trailer more even though it is much more narrow in width, because it is much longer so he has space for his long neck!

Keeping score of the results at Halmstad Fältrittklubb.

After gym..



How boring is it to have a headline named after what day it it? I probably could have come up with something more creative, but I'll save my creativity for another time.

Currently I am waiting for my eggs to finish boiling. Recently I am trying to avoid gluten as much as possible. I have been gluten intolerant for like, half a year. Not the worst case, but I got a terrible stomach ache when I ate too much of it. And now when I came home so fit from Holland (I didn't eat healthy, I just exercised a LOT) I don't want to ruin it. So basically I am living on eggs right now. After breakfast I am probably going to go on a walk with our dog, and then I have to continue reading The Great Gatsby, and do some other homework as well.. And then I also have to take care of my horse later, I dont know what the plan is for him since we trained yesterday. And the training went really well! We are going to train one more time before the competition. But I really feel like I know how to ride him now. He is a lot of horse to ride since he is so big and because I am used to quite sensitive horses it is a complete change for me. He is always honest and wants to do his best, but he is also really careful and doesn't jump if I don't want him to, so I really need to be clear with what I want and then he does it for me. But that was kind of the problem we had in Holland, that I wasn't sure and didn't really believe in myself, and then he became unsure as well. At least it feels like we are moving forward now!

Tomorrow I am actually going to a gym (the first time in forever), my friend goes there regularly and now she got an offer of a 10 days free trial for a friend. And she picked me.. so I have to go..😒

​Not from today, but it was the only "jumping picture" I had.!