How does one know if they're being emotionally abused? I've lately done a lot of research on the subject and honestly, I think that it is being spoken off too little. There are so many people out there in the world who get abused every single day and they don't even know about it. In my humble opinion it is just as dangerous and painful as domestic violence. It is time to educate ourselves on the matter. It is time to stand up to those who push us down, and make ourselves feel good again. Because nobody is worth giving up your happiness for and we as individuals have the right to love ourselves, and be surrounded by those who love us for that very same reason. It is time to make abuse, in all forms, history!
Emotional abuse happens very often in relationships, which is actually absolutely heartbreaking.
How do you know if you're in an emotional abusive relationship?
- If your partner never admits that they're wrong
- If your partner often expects you do make sacrifices for they're satisfaction without doing the same in return
- If your partner refuse to talk about problems that make he/she look bad
- If your partner gets mad at you easily
- If your partner hates being questioned about the way he/she treats you
- If your partner builds themselves up by pushing you down
- If your partner believes that they have the right to force you into doing things
- If your partner is possessive or jealous
- If your partner can say or do anything to you and expect forgiveness straight away
- Be aware of the signs
- Realise that you can't change your partner
- Recognise the long term symptoms of emotional abuse such as migraines, body aches, panic attacks and depression
- Talk to someone about it
- Recognise that your health and safety matters most
- Find the courage to do the right thing and get out