This week has been really busy towards the end despite it started off a bit slow. This was the week where I moved back to Copenhagen. I spent the first few days catching up and saying goodbye to people. Then I left Thursday and landed Friday, and it has been pretty full-on ever since I got back.

Monday was another ‘chilling-in-my-bed-in-my-pajamas’-kind of day. I feel like you know what happened so I’m not going to describe my lazy day one more time ;).

On Tuesday it was my aunt’s (not the one I lived with) birthday. She had some things to return to a nearby store and she asked if I wanted to go out for lunch with her. We went to a sushi near my house and we just ate and talked. Afterward, she wanted some frozen yogurt so we went across the street and got fro-yo. She dropped me off around one and then I had a couple of hours before I had to go to my friend’s house so we could go to the mall and do some karaoke. When we got there all the rooms were full so we did some bowling and looking around instead until there was a room open a couple hours later. It was really fun and we swung by In-and-Out on the way home.

Wednesday was spent chilling too until the evening where my aunt had invited all of my uncle’s family out for dinner so I could say goodbye to them before I left. We just had some Chinese food and it was really nice to see them and I’m going to miss them so much.

Thursday was the day I had to leave. I decided to stay up all night to make sure I could sleep on the plane so I was really tired in the morning. To stay awake I went and walked my aunt’s dog, I watched a couple of movies and drank lots of coffee. My aunts came home from work and brought something easy for lunch (McDonald’s). We just hung out at home until the car came to pick us up and then we were off. We got to the airport, checked-in our bags, went through security and got on the plane. Just the normal thing. Despite the flight being 10 hours, it didn’t feel long. When we got to Copenhagen, on Friday, my mom waited for us. It wasn’t that long ago we saw each other so it didn’t feel so long. But it was still amazing to see her again. We went to a mall close by to get some lunch. When we got home, my mom and I just chilled out at home and I unpacked.

On Saturday, I woke up at 5. Classic jetlag. I showered, had breakfast, and got ready. The plan was to go to the mall to pick up a few things. We went and got some groceries, books, and a new number for me since I’m in Denmark now. We had some lunch when we got home, and then it was off to Ikea. I’ve been in need of shelves since before I left last summer and I’ve collected a lot of new stuff (mostly shoes…) over this past year. So that’s what we did. The rest of the day was spent building and remodeling my room.

Sunday was road trip day. We spent four hours driving to my grandparents’ house. On the way, we had lunch at my other grandpa’s and picked up my little brother. When we got there we just played some cards and had dinner.

xo Anna

Blog using your mobile phone - One of the best blogging apps on the market - Click here



I haven’t had a chance to post this post because the internet has been so bad the past week but here it is. This week was really mixed. The first couple of days were spent in Nevada and the rest at home.

Monday, we went to Virginia City in Nevada. It’s a little, old town just outside of Carson City. It’s western inspired with a bunch of really old buildings. When we got there the first stop we made was to get some old school pictures. My cousins and I dressed up in old school clothes and we took a bunch of pictures of us posing behind this really cool background. I was a saloon girl along with my younger cousin and the oldest was a cowgirl. After the pictures, we went to the Delta Saloon for some lunch. I just had a cranberry salad and some tea. After we just walked around for a little bit, I got some presents for my brother and then we drove back to the Nugget. Since we had a late lunch we didn’t have anything for dinner, instead, we went down to watch the Warriors game. They won. After we went to our rooms and went to sleep.

Tuesday was spent driving home from Nevada. We met up at the Starbucks at the hotel around 9:00, got some drinks for the drive and headed off. Instead of going straight from Reno and home, we swung by Lake Tahoe on the way and got some lunch. We home after a three-hour drive.

Wednesday and Thursday were spent home. It has basically become routine ;).

On Friday I made plans with two of my friends to go shopping. My friends picked us up, and after a quick stop to get some iced tea we went to the mall. Since I had a $50 gift card, we went to Macy’s and bought myself a carry-on suitcase. After we drove home and my friend wanted to swing by a shopping plaza close to our houses to get something for her dad. But what I didn’t know was the two of them had arranged that all of our friends were going to meet us at a frozen yogurt place to hang out before I left. I was so surprised and I’m going to miss every single one of them. But I know we are going to keep in touch.

Saturday was a really busy day. I spent the whole day running errands with my aunt. First, we went to get our hair cut. I decided to go short for the summer. I’ve been toying with the idea for quite a while and it was finally time. And I love it! After we went to my aunt’s office so she could finish some stuff before we leave for Denmark since she’ll be gone for two weeks. After the office we went to Costco to pick up some pictures for my grandma, then Seafood City to pick up something for dinner, after that Target to get some earphones and lastly Whole Foods. Got home around five. I started writing this post in a Word document since my internet sucked. We had some light dinner and spent the evening chilling.

Sunday, we woke up early and taking our dog Emma out for a walk in the park. Since she’s 17 and that’s quite old for a dog her size, we hadn’t been there for a long time. We met up with one of my aunt’s friends and her dog Lola. Lola was so excited so it was a bit of a challenge but we managed and it was nice seeing her and say goodbye.

xo Anna.



This post is probably not going to be as long as the last because the beginning of this week wasn’t that eventful. Actually, you can sum up the week in three simple words: relaxing, eating, and sleeping. Since my summer break just started all I wanted was to stay in bed as long as I wanted (which some days meant all day!), not caring about what I ate, and just relax. I pretty much lived in my PJ’s and my bed, and it was the best couple of days. I think that since so much happened the past couple of weeks with finals, the senior activities, graduation, and Disneyland, my body was so tired and my brain was just drained, and I really just felt like I needed a week of just doing nothing but I did muster up enough energy to write my diary from last week.

Then real life sat in. On Friday I was invited to one of my best friend’s graduation party. It was so much fun. We ate a bunch of food, and we just hung out and had a great time. At the end of the evening, we started a bonfire and just sat with blankets, and talked. It was such a good evening.

Saturday was a really mixed day. Around 10:30 am my aunt picked me up and we went and helped one of her friends move. We got home around 3:00 pm and then just hung out at home for a couple of hours. At 7:00 pm my uncle dropped me off at my friend’s house for her grad party. Originally I didn’t think I would be able to go because we were planning on going to Reno but because of all the moving and stuff, we pushed it to Sunday instead. It was so much fun to see her before I go home and I’m going to miss her so much.

Sunday, I basically spent in a car on the way to Reno, NV, for a quick little trip, my aunt had planned from Saturday to Tuesday. We made a few stops on the way including a little pit stop in Truckee, California where we just went in a diner and got some hot chocolate and some pie before heading off to our hotel. When we got to the hotel we waited forever to get our rooms. Afterwards, we showered and got ready, and headed out for dinner. We went to a cute little Chinese-Japanese place at the hotel and got some sushi and some soups. After that, I went to my aunt’s friends’ hotel room with her and we talked and had some snacks. Around 10:00 pm we went to our rooms and I am now sitting writing this blog post, reminiscing about a really fun week.

xo Anna



This is just a little I wanted to write this post to try to explain to you how it feels to go abroad for a year but also for myself to look back on this year and relive some of my favorite moments. It’s an experience that is really hard to compare to anything else because everything is so new. I had been here and visited my aunt and uncle before but that was more a family/vacation/tourist visit. I had never actually had the experience of living in the States, and that was a whole new experience for me.

We had been talking about me coming over and staying at my aunt and uncle’s since I was probably 10 years old. It’s always been something that I wanted to do and in late 2015 it started to become a reality. We got everything sorted, and in July 2016 everything was packed and ready to go. The first couple of weeks spent mostly as a vacation for my mom and my brother. We went shopping, to Redwood, and to the City (as you do). When they went home that’s when it really hit me that this was actually happening and even more so the day of the registration where I got my books and got to see the school for the first time.

I never really experienced homesickness whilst being here. I’m not really too sure why. When I was little I was never the one to get homesick so it hasn’t surprised that I didn’t get it. I think it’s because FaceTime and Skype are available so it doesn’t feel as far away. Also, I live with my aunt and uncle and it’s really comforting to live with family instead of some strangers.

The first day of school was so overwhelming. It was really hard to believe that I was a high school student. All I knew about high schools was from TV and movies, and to see how different but yet similar it is in real life was really strange. The school is so much bigger than my old school back in Denmark and especially being a senior, everybody knew everybody and I knew no one, it was really scary the first three days, and at the same time. But that Saturday my aunt had invited some of their neighbors over for a BBQ and I found out that the girl across the street was in my class too. The following Monday she introduced me to all of her friends, and they made feel so much more comfortable. Turns out two of them was in my English class which was really nice.

After that everything went really well. I loved all my classes. I made friends in all of them. my favorite class was my fourth-period yearbook class. It was a space for me to work with OCD people like myself, to be creative, and to make something that you get to hold in the end of the year. It has actually inspired me to try and start my own little yearbook-thing at the school I’m going to when summer is over.

All the experiences I’ve had this past year has in many ways shaped who I am at this very moment. I have learned a lot about myself and I have grown a lot. For anyone who has the chance to go abroad and experience high school for what it is, DO IT!!! It’s an experience of a lifetime and something you won’t regret doing. I certainly haven’t.

Ps. Sorry for the pictures didn't really have that many on my computer. They are all on external hard drives.



This week was the craziest and the best week of my life. It was the week of all the senior activities that my school puts on every year for the seniors, graduation and Grad Nite in Disneyland. I feel quite emotional writing this blog post because I just feel so many different emotions. To think that this is the end of the most amazing year and that this is probably the last time I’m going to be around all these amazing people before I go back to Denmark. I’m still going to see my friends during the next couple of weeks and I have no doubt that I’m going to see everybody and spend time with them after we all go our separate ways, but it will never be under the same circumstances. Anyways, enough of the rambling. Let’s get on to what actually happened during the week.

Monday wasn’t that exciting. It was Memorial Day so I just chilled out at home with my aunt and uncle and ran some errands. Tuesday was the day of ‘Books & BBQ’, and that was when all the fun stuff started. ‘Books & BBQ’ is an even that my school put on every year for the senior class, where the yearbook staff hands out all the yearbooks to the senior class whilst having a BBQ. The event started at 9:30 am but being on the yearbook staff I had to be there an hour early. It was a really fun event and we basically just handed out all the yearbooks and I got a lot of signatures in mine. Knowing how hard everybody on the yearbook staff worked on that book all throughout the year, and to finally hold it and see everybody’s reactions just made all the hard work worth it.

Wednesday was another fun day. The school had rented out a theater for the whole senior class to watch the new Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales. The movie was really good and it was so much fun to just hang out with everybody.

Thursday was the BIG day. It was GRADUATION!!! The morning (8:00 am - 12:00 pm) was spent with grad rehearsals and having to listen to our principal go on and on. I started getting ready around 2:00 pm. I decided to go for something very simple for my outfit, makeup, and hair. I curled my hair lightly and just wore a very simple makeup look. For my outfit I chose to go with a white dress from ASOS. I just thought since I'm going to be wearing my gown poeple are not going to be able to see it but I still wanted to wear a nice dress. After I got ready we were off to Concord Pavilion a little after 4:00 pm since traffic was so bad and we had to be there an hour early. The ceremony started at 6:00 pm and it went by sooooo fast. Before I knew it I was a high school graduate. Well, not technically. I got a certificate of completion and not an actual diploma but still. After the ceremony, I went around to take pictures with everybody and then I went home to eat something and get changed before I had to go to the school to go to our Grad Night destination: Disneyland!!!!

On the bus ride down there, I didn’t get hardly any sleep which meant that when we arrived at Bubba Gump’s to eat breakfast I was dead! But that didn’t stop me or anyone else. After breakfast, they dropped us off at Disneyland and then we had access to the whole park including California Adventure. We went on so many rides, took so many pictures and we just had the time of our lives. At 10:00 pm we had to go to California Adventure, which was open just for us until 2:00 pm. We had dinner and went on some more rides before the grand finale. A water show with pyro and holograms. It was beautiful and it was just the perfect ending (or start?!?!) to the day. After the water show, we just went to our bus and I passed out immediately. I woke up the next morning as we pulled into the school’s parking lot, feeling like I had a really bad hangover. I went home, showered and fell asleep again. The best ending to a long but exciting week.

xo Anna



Hello, everybody! Welcome to the blog.

My name is Anna and I'm 17 years old.

I will be using this blog as an outlet for me to write about my four loves: fashion, beauty, lifestyle and everything in between.

I'm based in Copenhagen, Denmark but I've been in the U.S, more specifically California, for a year, and that has definitely influenced my fashion and just my lifestyle in general. My style is therefore very classic, clean and minimalistic Scandinavian with a twist of Californian boho. I love cooking, and while I love healthy, clean eating, I'm a big believer in 'Everything in Moderation' so there will be some sweet stuff in the mix as well.

In the 'Lifestyle'-section, I will be posting about travel, interior & healthy living and much else.

My Day-to-Day is gonna be filled with weekly diaries, either in the form of a written post or a video, and other daily stuff I want to share with you guys.

You can also join me on my Instagram(s) and Snapchat:



Snapchat: aleewisborg

I really hope you like it. This is all me and my loves in life!

xo Anna.