Would you believe me if I told you there was chickpeas in this pie?! This healthy dessert is perfect to make for family, friend, or yourself (I don't jude cause desserts my favorite meal of the day, ya feel me?). This is a no bake recipe which is perfect for the summer time. If you do have a chance try this recipe out please send me pictures of your finished products! I would love to be able share some of your pictures on my instagram page (@Runs_On_Plantss ).
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter (can sub almond butter/soy nut butter/etc)
- 2 tablespoons of melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of agave
- 1 cup quick cook oats
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 chocolate chips
- 1/2 tablespoon of coconut oil
- Line a pie pan with parchment paper pr wax paper.
- Rinse your chickpeas well. Add the chickpeas, vanilla, baking soda, peanut butter, melted coconut oil and agave to a food processor or blender. Blend until the mixture is fairly smooth.
- Then add oats to the blender or food processor and continue to blend. The dough should be fairly thick and hard to mix.
- Stir in your chocolate chips and then spread into the bottom of the pie pan.
- Place cookie dough in the freezer for about 2 hours.
- After the cookie dough has had time to freeze, you can prepare your chocolate shell topping. In a microwave safe bowl add the chocolate chips and coconut oil. Microwave in 30 second increments to avoid any burning. Between each increment, stir the chocolate chips and coconut oil until melted.
- Once the chocolate mixture is melted, pour over the top of the cookie dough. Spread the chocolate so that it evenly coats the cookie dough.
- Put the pie back into the freezer for 60-90 minutes.
- Once completely frozen, you can remove pie and let thaw till soft enough to be sliced. Left over can be refrozen, but thaw before enjoying!
ENJOY MY LOVES!! ❤