This time I thought I’d share quite the “strange” recipe with you! I haven’t experimented with it so much yet since I just recently discovered it 👀
“Caulioats”, meaning “cauliflower-oats”. Sounds disgusting you might say but it’s actually not! It’s an awesome way to get some more greens into your diet and also I actually think these “oats” are a lot more filling/creamy🌝
You can also change up the recipe a bit if you want to make it either sweet or savory! So for me it’s perfect since my body unfortunately can’t handle rice so well (I love it but my stomach cramps whenever I have “too much” of it😔). You don’t have to cook these oats in milk like I did, you can use water or something like veggie stock as well but the milk makes it creamier 😊
Ingredients: (one serving)
•100g uncooked fresh cauliflower (frozen works but it has to be defrosted, OR you can use cauliflower rice that you can find in some stores)
•2 egg whites
•1 tsp stevia
•1/2 tsp cinnamon (optional)
1. Add the cauliflower to a food processor and blend until they turn into a rice texture (If they are frozen be careful to not mix for too long!).
2. Add the oats, milk and cauliflower to a saucepan. Bring to a simmer and let cook at a constant simmer for around 5 minutes.
3. Next add the egg whites slowly, stirring together quickly so you don’t get lumps.
4. Let the mixture cook for around 5 more minutes or so, or until it thickens, stirring occasionally. At first it might look like it won’t come together and thicken but I promise you it will! There will be a point where they suddenly come together and they thicken really fast so keep an eye on it.
5. After they have thickened to the consistency you like, taste test the oats and see if you need more salt/spice/stevia. When you’re happy with how they taste, transfer the oats to a bowl and add your favorite toppings.