Hello everyone! (Imagine a very British accent here since I’m currently sitting on my flight to London while writing this)
It’s nearly a new year! 2018! How crazy is that? I can’t really believe it myself actually, but I plan to embrace the new year with all that it will entail for me. I’m a true nerd when it comes to organizing and just sorting out my life with challenges, you guys can probably already tell. I love having goals for the new year, yes I call them goals and not resolutions. It just seems less stressful to say that you have a goal, and it takes some of the pressure of I feel. Anyway, I thought I would share those goals with you all in case someone needs some inspiration and motivation for the new year!
Goals for 2018:
1. Go vegan for a year. Yes, I’ve been “playing” with veganism for the last few months, but this year I want to fully commit and keep a strictly vegan diet. No cheese cheats. I’m doing this for a few reasons. First of all, because being vegan makes me feel good. I’m less tired, my insides feel better and my relationship with food is so much better.
I’ve gotten so much more confident in the kitchen and I plan to keep that up and get even better at cooking new, exciting food. It feels good to be apart of something that is good for the environment AND the animals. I want to see a change in my body. I’ve never really been fully confident with how I look, and I hope that being vegan while working out regularly will help me reach a stage where I feel a bit better about my body.
2. That ties into my next goal, which is to get fit for real. I want to really focus on my fitness this year and take going to the gym seriously. I’ve been quite good the last month, so I just want to keep that motivation up. I plan on signing up to more work out classes but also just go to work out on my own more. I’m doing it for my body, but also for my mental state, since it makes me feel a lot happier and more relaxed, something that I need desperately with all the stress I put on myself around uni.
3. I need to relax more and stress less about school. This is an important one. If you’re like me and you put a ridiculous amount of pressure on yourself, you know how difficult it is to deal with. This year I want to keep my head straight and I try to change the way I go about studying. I want to focus more when I actually sit down with my work, and I want to reward myself by relaxing when I need it.
4. I want to watch more movies and read more books. This is pretty self-explanatory. I’m super into movies and books and I don’t allow myself to enjoy them enough!
5. I need to budget and save money for real. I’m going to start writing everything down so that I know where my money goes and through that I hope I can begin to save a bit more.
6. Be kind. This is simple as well. I just want to spend the year being as kind as I can be, because that is so underrated.
Those are it for now I think. I don’t want to write down too many since that can be stressful on its own, but I think you get the gist. If you’ve been planning to set up any of these goals as well, let me know! We can help each other on the way! If you have any other goals I’d love to hear them as well. New years is such a good time to allow yourself to get in touch with yourself and what you want out of life. It’s like a new chapter, and you get to write it all down yourself. Let’s make it a good one!