So, who doesn't know these sweet potato fries? I mean they are all over pinterest and instagram under #healthy #vegan #sweetpotatofries But because they are so delicious, I had to share my favourite version of these healthy fries with you guys! I hope you enjoy my take to this trend and get just as obsessed as I am with them.
First step is cutting your sweet potato into thin slice like the picture above. Next soak them in cold water for 30-60 mins. This makes them quicker to cook and crispier.
Step 2 is to add the spices! Once you have rinsed the sweet potato, towel dry them and place them into a zip lock bag. (this makes it easier for the fries to be coated with all the spices.) You can also use a bowl instead, but it's just way easier and less clean up with a bag.
Pour the cornstarch into the bag and mix till coated. Next add the olive oil and all the spices (except for the salt) and combine. (the salt will be sprinkled on top at the end, otherwise they will get soggy)
Now place your fries on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. I needed two trays for all the fries. Place the fries, so that they are not touching each other. This makes the cook faster and stay crispy!
Bake them for about 30 mins at 200 degrees celsius on fan.
And voila here you have it your delicious sweet potato fries!! I served mine with mayonnaise and a homemade bruschetta topping. (if you want the recipe for that just comment below!) Of course you can eat them with whatever you want, guacamole is great or whatever you want!
The full recipe is below:
QUICK AND EASY SWEET POTATO FRIES
- 1 large sweet potato
- 2 tsp corn flour
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- himalayan salt to taste
- Peel and julienne* the sweet potato. Place them in a cold bowl of water and let them sit for 30min-1h.
- Pour out the water, rinse the sweet potato and pat them dry with a kitchen towel.
- Place them in a zip lock bag and add corn flour. Mix till coated.
- Add olive oil, paprika, pepper and garlic to bag and mix. (Do NOT add salt, If you do, it will turn the fries soggy)
- Place them on a baking tray that is lined with baking paper and make sure there are gaps between them.
- Bake your fries in oven on fan for 30-45 minutes at 200°C.
- Season fries with salt and enjoy! (they go very well with guacamole or any sauce of your choice!)
*julienne is just a fancy word for slicing vegetables into thin strips. hey you learnt a new cooking word today!
Have an amazing day, smile and have fun cooking!
love, claudia x
With love, Claudia x