Holy wow!!!! I wished my cravings while pregnant could be as full-filled as they are now. I crave... sorry NEED Kladdkaka or chocolate chip cookies all the time. Something about a sugar kick after breastfeeding that just sends me in this whirlwind for one or the other. The freezer is full, pantry is full... I made the mistake of telling everyone how delicious ICA's kladdkaka was and our local grocery store has been sold out for weeks.
Thankfully, the winner of Hela Sverige Bakar 2016, Shireen Selfelt, is in my parent group and supplied me with the most delicious recipe: Kladdkaka Kakor. For those that don't know what kladdkaka is, it's an ooie gooie chocolate brownie cake, so combine that with cookies... need I say more. #delicious 😍
For those that dare to try it, here is the link to Shireens recipe (in Swedish): https://bit.ly/2PvKcHi
For English translation:
Approx. 12 cookies
- 225 g dark chocolate, 60–70%
- 60 g butter
- 150ml flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 200ml brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla sugar
KLADDKAKEKAKOR – HOW TO MAKE:
- Oven 175 degrees. Chop up chocolate and combine with butter, melt over a waterbath.
- Combine flour and baking powder. Whisp eggs, brown sugar, and vanilla until white and fluffy in separate bowl.
- Gently fold in the chocolate mixture with the egg mixture, then combine with the dry ingredients until you've formed a silky mixture.
- Place mixture in freezer for 30 mins.
- Create 10–12 balls with help of spoons, roughly 4-5 cm in diameter. Roll by hand or scoop with spoon and place on baking sheet paper.
- Place in oven for 9-12 mins. Let them cool before serving.
- Thank Shireen for the most incredibly delicious treat you will ever eat.
Happy eating, would love to hear how they turned out for you <3
#baking #recipe #chocolate #kladdkaka