Fast fashion makes clothing prices more affordable, but it comes at a high cost to our environment. We feel strongly about protecting our planet.
In the last twenty years alone, clothing production has doubled, and while the fashion industry is responsible for 10% of the world's carbon emissions, it creates up to 85% of the world's garbage.
What's more, a considerable percentage of this textile garage is recyclable. It can be transformed back into a nearly identical fiber to its virgin parent through mechanical or chemical recycling.
Solving this problem takes some commitment, but what if we told you the steps were comfortable and that you can take them one at a time.
According to Mon Coeur, the gorgeous planet we call home can be at the forefront of minds and in our hearts when it comes to clothing design.
● In this world, taking a greener, earth-friendly approach, we can keep plastic out of the landfills by turning them into zippers, closures, and even soft fuzzy textured clothes for teens.
● In this world, manufacturers can recycle paper to make buttons for all the closures on shirts, jackets, and pants.
● In this world, manufacturers can recycle plastic bottles to make polyester for clothing tags and packaging so that new trees don't have to be cut down to make packaging envelopes.
● In this world, manufacturers can take the cotton refuse from the floors of clothing factories already in production and turn it into soft, durable, and healthy clothes for our babies.
● In this world, manufacturers can also pay workers a fair wage while limiting production's impact on natural resources and using sustainable methods and sustainable fibers.
This world is our world, and there are businesses like Mon Coeur already creating these products. Companies are already making these changes a part of their mission from the conception of the brand.
The ability to keep these precious reusable resources out of our landfills and back into continuous rotation being upcycled and recycled repeatedly means that our little ones will have the opportunities and experiences with nature that they deserve. It means we can help decrease our world's dependency on fossil fuels that pollute the air, waterways and destroying habitats.
This means that our animal friends and their future generations will have access to Forrest to roam and clean drinking water to drink.
All you have to do as a consumer is support our beautiful planet by purchasing this earth-friendly kids clothing for your family from sustainable brands that have already taken the plunge to make this world safer for you and those you love.
Don't let fast fashion take our forests and streams from our kids. Instead, give your kids the gift of a future every time you purchase earth friend clothing.