How many times during the past year haven't you thought about going to Italy? Late night swims in the orange sunset, exploring restaurants in a new city and having gelato for dessert as our hair is all salty from the ocean – that's what we're all longing for.
Therefore we're setting up the chance to win your own personalized trip to Italy for a total value of 15.000 SEK. Scroll down to take part of the rules, see tips and inspiration so you can participate and get the chance to win that extra spark to your trip!
Three things to experience in Ponza
A place you definitely have to visit in Italy is the paradise island Ponza that’s located outside the coast of Lazios. Take a one day trip or why not make it two on this magical island. Here are three things you don’t want to miss while visiting Ponza.
- Take a boat trip on the pristine Mediterranean sea. You can either rent a smaller boat on your own or book a ticket to one of the tour boats that frequently sails around the island. In my opinion, that’s how you get the most out of this lovely ocean. Swim in the blue waves, snorkel or just sunbath on the deck while enjoying the view.
- You will, already in the harbor, find some pedestrian streets filled with small shops decorated with pastel facades. Do not miss out on buying some homemade gelato to enjoy in the sun, or as a dessert in the evening.
- Last but not least, you must find some time to have a dinner with the fantastic view before taking the boat back to the mainland. There are several restaurants directly in the harbor, but also a little further in where you will have great views.
Five things to do in Rome
Walk through the ancient town, observe the iconic monuments and taste the real roman food. I simply love Rome. A great mix of vibrant street life and one of the most romantic cities in the world. Here are five things to do in Rome!
- Visit Colosseum
You simply can't go to Rome without visiting the Colosseum. It's one of the most iconic and famous landmarks in the world. In case you are not obsessed with the history of the Roman Empire, I still promise you that the Colosseum will blow you away.
- Get lost in Trastevere
Trastevere is considered to be the place where Roman residents live. Take a stroll and enjoy the authentic Roman life. Take a seat at one of the many authentic Roman restaurants and simply enjoy the lively nightlife.
- Throw a coin into the Trevi Fountain
A myth says: If you throw one coin: you will return to Rome. If you throw two coins: you will fall in love with an attractive Italian. If you throw three coins: you will marry the person that you meet. Trevi Fountain is probably one of the most beautiful well known fountains in the world.
- Visit Vatican City
In the heart of Rome you find the State of Vatican City which is the smallest state in the world. It’s the official residence of the pope and within the Vatican there are different attractions to see: St. Peter’s Square, St. Peter’s Basilica and the Vatican Museums, where you will find the famous Sistine Chapel.
- Eat your way through Rome
Porchetta, pizza and pasta. As you walk through the streets it’s easy to get overwhelmed by the many options. Rome has the best homemade pasta, delicious Roman pizza and a big selection of cheese and charcuterie.
Tips when going to Milano
Via Montenapoleone is one of the best streets for street fashion spotting. The street is full of luxury boutiques and the most elegant Italians. I could spend all day on Via Montenapoleon just spotting people and admiring their style. There are many great hotels in the area, where it is wonderful to stop at for an afternoon aperitif, for example. There are also many cozy Airbnb’s in the area.
My other favorite area in Milan is Brera. It’s full of small Trattoria restaurants and gelaterias. I love to walk along Brera’s narrow alleys in the evenings, that is one way to experience the perfect Italian atmosphere.
The Duomo Square is full of great roof terrace spots, although they are pretty crowded with tourists – but hey, we’re tourists here too! If you happen to walk in the Duomo area, you'll find popular bars with a really nice view and rooftops. In the same area you’ll also find Museums.
By car in northern Italy
I’ve been on a road trip twice in northern Italy and what’s more wonderful than waking up every day in a new wonderful city? Milan, Verona, Venice and the Garda area are within driving distance of each other, so I highly recommend road trips with your family, for example.
Tips for the Garda area
Saló - You can try to look for a more sympathetic small town! The center of Saló is small and compact, but even more atmospheric. If you find yourself in Saló there are many good places to eat or sleep.
How to compete
- Go to Nouw's IG-Post regarding the competition by clicking on the post below.
- Share some Italian feelings! Comment your best Italian dream-destination/activity (could be a specific region, city, activity or experience)
- Tag your friend who you'd like to travel with
Rules and conditions for the competition:
- The competition starts 14/6-21 and ends 8/7-21
- The winner will be randomly selected and contacted through DM by Nouw (@nouw_com).
- The winner will get a gift card from a travel agency to plan their own personalized trip to Italy for a total value of 15.000 SEK (suitable for two persons). A contact person at the travel agency will be moderating the booking to only apply Italian destinations. The gift card has a validate of 3 years from the end date of the competition.
- To compete you must be 18 years old and live in the Nordics. Eventual taxes will paid by the winner.
- The competition is administrated by Nouw Media AB. The competition is not in any way sponsored or administered by Instagram/Facebook, nor can any claims be done to the Italian National Tourist Board.#treasureItaly