No obvious cause is generally attributed to the most common type of diabetes. Certain factors can increase the chances of getting diabetes and can be called risk factors. Some factors are listed below:
Obesity: About three-quarters of almost all people with type II diabetes are obese. Obesity can be a cause of diabetes.
Family history: A family history of this disease increases the chances of contracting the disease.
Lack of sufficient exercise: insufficient and irregular exercise can increase the chances of becoming diabetic.
History of gestational diabetes: In this case, a woman also increases her chance of developing permanent diabetes later in life.
Tests help diagnose diabetes:
There are two main tests used to determine whether or not a person has glucose intolerance:
1. Fasting blood sugar test
2. Oral glucose tolerance test
Diabetes does not have a permanent cure once it develops, it is managed throughout life. But you can avoid falling into this pain for life.
The following tips can help reduce the risk of diabetes.
1. Get enough exercise.
2. Reducing body weight as well as fat and maintaining a typical body weight is really essential. So, decrease the weight.
3. Choose whole grains and whole grain products rather than highly processed carbohydrates.
4. Skip sugary drinks and choose water, coffee or tea instead.
5. Choose good fats instead of bad fats.
6. Limit red meat.
7. Choose nuts, poultry or fish.
8. Cigarette smoke contains several toxic substances. So quit smoking.
9. Reduce your salt intake.
10. Monitor your blood sugar.
Certain lifestyle changes, such as regular exercise, maintaining a moderate body weight, reducing fat intake, and a high-fiber diet, help lead healthy, normal lives. These measures are known to increase insulin sensitivity and reduce blood pressure.