Accommodation in Manila:
1. Lotus Garden Hotel - we stayed here for 9 nights, we paid around 2000 P each night - that included buffet breakfast (so good), Jacuzzi, pool table, gym, flat screen TV, air-con, hot shower and available room service and cleaning everyday.
2. Grand Prix Hotel - cheaper than Lotus Garden, but still good. We just stayed here for 1 night.
Gluten free Manila:
I found Gerald online, a shop with a lot of gluten free food with free delivery. Made a delivery to my hotel and it worked perfect.
Best restaurants Manila:
If you are lazy and just wanna be in bed for a hole day, Manila is big in food delivery, I will recommend FoodPanda.
1. Sushi Foodie - served so good different sushi, free delivery to your home.
2. Army Navy - good taco and burgers, you have to try!
3. G-point - if you miss Swedish food go here, everyday they have smörgåsbord.
4. Pound by Todd English - YOU HAVE TO GO - best and cheap burgers, truffle fries and ketchup. At Robinsons Mall.
5. Soi - good Thai food.
6. Pho Hoa Viet - good Vietnam food.
7. Happy lemonad - try a lemonade, maybe share when they are so big haha
8. Go to a pub, order something to drink and then put up the Rum and Coke from your bag that you bought in a shop. I'v never hear about this before, but if you just buy one thing you can take snack and drink there by yourself and sing kareoke.
Shopping mall in Manila:
1. We went to Robinsons Place shopping mall and WOW we fall in love. Such a big mall and they had everything we needed and more - clothes, food places, cinema, funpark, electronic etc. We saw two movies at the cinema, in Philippines they have a offer, if you buy tickets on your card you get free popcorn and a drink. Robinsons shop in Robinsons mall has everything, can be really cheap and great things.
2. M&S - a shoppingmall just next to Chinatown. The people we met told us not to go there because there are no fareners and a lot of pic pockets. But we didn't listen, cheap things and I made eyelashes extensions there :) but the Taxi are not gonna take you back, so go with a friend from Philippines.
Study in Manila:
We did our security class at The Sims and our STCW at G.E Antonio building. If I can do it all over I would do both at the Sims - better classrooms, easier to get things done and aircon. Cost a little bit more but not that much, it's worth it.
So we went to Manil just for our study, we are doing STCW cours, full medical test and security cours - just so I can work on boats with him when our money runs out. The courses are so cheap here compare to do in Australia or Sweden. I'm gonna try to work as a nurse/stewardess on a boat.
Studying here is so different, they are looking at us like we are from another planet. The teachers would never say something bad to us, never ask us a hard question or be angry at us. But they are trying to get respect from the rest of the class, we saw a teacher scream so bad and hit a student. When we did a test, everybody cheated, the CPR are so different and wrong?! and we have to have long pants, white tskirt and shoes to be accepted in to the building.
Our final test were 2,5 hours away with on a bus ride out to nowhere. We had to save people in a fire, take the fire down, jump in the water with a lifevest, climb into a lifeboat and swim in survivergroups. The bus ride back took us over 5 hour because Philippines traffic is crazy - no words!
The security class was so hard, in one day we read a hole book and in the end of the day we had a test in english. When I started the test I justness stared at the screen, I'm never gonna pass this - I didn't understand a shit. I saw Mick walk up and the teacher said he passed 19/30 and to pass is 15 - fuck. If he only got 19, he speaks English and worked on boats before, what would I get? I walked up and the teacher said - Rebecca you have passed..... wait what?? 16/30 hahah
CELEBRATE WITH RED WINE!