Delicious, fresh and crispy. Perfect as a lunch or light dinner. This is a lovely combo with marinated curry and turmeric chicken, red cabbage, pickled onions, avocado, coriander and shirasha sauce.
You need this:
Marinade for chicken:
About 200 ml neutral yoghurt
1/2 dL hot water
About 1/2 teaspoon yellow curry
About 1 teaspoon of turmeric
Pinch of salt
Pinch of Paprika spice
Squeeze of lemon
A little olive oil
1 red onion
1 dL/100 ml vinegar
2 dL/ 200 ml sugar
3 dL/ 300 ml water
1-2 dL/100-200 ml creme fraiche
1-2 tablespoons shirasha sauce
1. Clean and cut the chicken into smaller strips. Mix together the marinade. The exact measurements are not that important. Take a little of everything and add more of something if needed. Let it marinade for as long as possible. The longer the better of course but you can use it immediately as well!
2. Cut the onion into thin slices and put them into a jar or a bowl. Mix together the water, vinegar and sugar in a small pot and let it come to a boil. Once the sugar is dissolved pour the liquid over the onions and leave in fridge for minimum 1 hour.
3. Mix together the sauce
4. Slice the cabbage and the avocado finely. Chop the coriander. Break off and clean the lettuce leaves.
5. Grill the chicken on a high heat until they received color and are cooked through.
6. Assemble the lettuce wrap and pull it together into a little sausage. If needed add another salad leaf on top. enjoy :)