Amazing & fresh noodle soup with flavors from red curry, coconut and lime. Together with chicken, sugar beans, red onion, coriander and fried wonton.
YOU NEED THIS:
( serves 3-4 people)
Deboned chicken thighs (6-8)
1-2 tablespoons red curry paste
500 ml coconut milk
5 dL/ 500 ml chicken stock
1,5 tablespoon fish sauce
0,5 teaspoon of brown sugar
1. Clean and cut up the chicken in small pieces.
2. Heat up a wok or a large pan. Add some oil and then the red curry paste. Let it fry for a minute or two. Add the chicken and fry until it received some color. Add the coconut milk, chicken stock, brown sugar and fish sauce.
Let it simmer for 30 minutes with no lid. Taste and add seasoning should it be needed.
3. While the sauce is simmering. Prepare the vegetables. Cut the wonton sheets in about 0,5 cm slices. Heat up some oil in a pan (about 1 cm high) fry the wonton for a couple of seconds or until golden brown. Leave to drain on some paper. Cut the onion in thin slices and fry quickly for a minute or two in the same pan (just remove some oil) Remove the onions from the pan.
4. Soak the noodles in hot water for about 5 minutes. Stir the noodles to make sure they separate properly. Test after a couple of minutes to make sure they don’t overcook. Rinse the noodles in cold water.
5. Plate: add a handful of noodles at the bottom of the bowl or plate. Add chicken pieces and then the soup.
Add the beans, spring onions, red onions, coriander, fried wonton and lime wedges to squeez over before digging in.