Delicious, fresh and healthy cashew chicken served with basmati rice..
YOU NEED THIS:
PAK Choi (optional)
Salt and pepper
1 dL/100 ml KIKKOMAN soya sauce
1/2 dL/50 ml oyster sauce
2 teaspoons sambal oelek
1 teaspoon mirin (optional)
1. Clean and cut the chicken into smaller pieces.
2. Chop the vegetables into nice sizes.
3. Mix together the ingredients for the sauce. The amount of sambal oelek depends on how much heat you prefer. I think 2 teaspoons are perfect, it gives it a bit of a bite but not too much. Add more afterwards if you would like more heat.
4. Heat up a wok pan and add some oil. Roast the cashew nuts until golden and then set aside on a plate
5. Add some more oil and then the chicken. Add a little bit at a time. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. In the end add a little grated garlic and ginger. Take the chicken out and leave to rest.
6. Now stir fry the vegetables quickly. This will be quick, just a few minutes as we want them to be nice and crispy. Add the broccoli and the onions, then the peppers and lastly the PAK Choi (as it cooks very quickly) season with salt and pepper. Add grated garlic and ginger.
7. Add the chicken, the cashews and the sauce to the vegetables. Mix well.
8. Serve with basmati rice.