MOIST • FLUFFY • SWEET
There's only one thing to make when there's a bowl of overripe bananas. I've been craving chocolate chip banana bread for a loooong time now and finally decided to make it! Both breakfast and dessert approved.
* AD: Some of the ingredients I used are from collaborations with Helios and Raw Halo .
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 50 minutes
Total time: 60 minutes
2 overripe bananas
1/2 a cup Helios Maple Syrup
1/2 a cup Yogurt (I used Plain Alpro)
1/4 of a cup Mylk (I used Oatly Barista)
2 cups Flour (I used a mix of ground almonds, spelt flour and buckwheat flour)
2 tsp Helios Ceylon Cinnamon
2 tsp Helios Cardamom
1 tsp Vanilla bean powder
1 tsp Baking powder
70 g chocolate, chopped (I used Raw Halo)
- Preheat the oven to 190 C.
- Mash the bananas with a fork in a bowl.
- Add the maple syrup, yogurt and mylk to the bowl and mix it all together.
- In a separate bowl mix together the flour, spices and baking powder.
- Mix the wet and the dry mixtures together.
- Add the chopped chocolate and make sure that it is evenly spread out in the dough.
- Bake the banana bread for about 50 minutes or until golden.