SWEET + SALTY • GOOEY • CRISPY
Holy moly, these taste just like the real thing! I am already obsessed with these and can not wait for you to try them too!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Freeze time: 30 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
FOR THE BASE:
1 and 1/3 a cup of shredded coconut
2/3 of a cup Helios almonds
1/2 a cup Helios Maple Syrup
1 tsp vanilla bean powder (Optional)
1/2 tsp salt
- Mix the almonds and shredded coconut in a food processor until well combined.
- Blend in the maple syrup, vanilla and salt.
- Use your hands to flatten the dough out evenly in a baking dish.
FOR THE CARAMEL LAYER:
1/2 a cup medjool dates
5 tbsp Helios almond butter
3 tbsp Helios coconut milk
5 tbsp Helios coconut oil
Pinch of salt
Pinch of vanilla (optional)
- Place all of the ingredients together in a blender and mix until smooth.
- Use your hands to flatten the dough out evenly on top of the base in the baking dish.
FOR THE CHOCOLATE
100 gram Raw Halo chocolate (or your favourite chocolate)
- Gently melt the chocolate on low heat until it melts.
- Pour the melted chocolate on top of the caramel layer in the baking dish.
- Place the baking dish in the freezer for at least 30 minutes.
- Cut it into equal sized bars and enjoy!