How to start a blog on Nouw.
- Import a blog
- Own domain name
- Blog statistics
- Follow blogs on Nouw
Learn about Nouws smart blog tool
- Upload images
- Create collages
- Justera bildmarginaler
- Edit image margis
- Edit text
- Embed video
- Change font and size of headers in blog
- Insert HTML
- Tag bloggers (@blog name)
- Scheduled posts
Learn how to design a good looking blog on Nouw - using our easy to use yet powerful design tool.
- Module in design tool
- Choose number of columns in blog (1,2 or 3)
- Hidden menu ("hamburger menu")
- Move modules
- Full size headers
- Change design template
- Module settings
Go to Your blog / Design on a computer or iPad / Tablet
Drag the module "Top menu" and drop it where you want your top menu. Press the cog wheel to edit the top menu.
You can have automatic menu options i.e.
- All categories
- Archive (on item for each month)
You can create custom menu options with links to single categories or external URL:s
To add Instagram to your blog design
Go to Your blog / Design on a computer / Tablet. Drag the module "Instagram" from the modules list. Press the cog wheel to connect to your Instagram account
When you add Instagram to your design your blog will also be shown on our Instagram toplist
Add Instagram images and videos to blog posts
When blogging from the computer you can insert images and videos from your Instagram account.
Go to Your blog / New post on a computer or tablet. In the right column - click on the folder list and choose Instagram - then click on "Connect your Instagram now"
Posts are listed in (reverse) chronological order on the blog. Posts can be found in the Archives, Categories, Most read and Latest posts
Pages are static and are not listed by date. Pages do not use tags or categories. An About page is the most common example. The URL for a page looks like this: http://nouw.com/blogname/page-title/
How many can I have?
There is no practical limit on the number of posts or pages you can have on Nouw
How do I post to a Page?
Go to Your blog / Pages
How do I add a page to my design?
Go to Your blog / Design (on a computer or tablet) and edit the module ”top menu”.
2. If you choose to use Pixlr.com; go to Archive / New picture and then choose which size the picture should have. 300 x 100 px is used for this example. Use text tools (T) to write your signature and to choose the right font for your blog. To save your picture, click on Archive / Save and choose PNG (transparent, full quality) for the best quality.
3. Go to Your blog / Design on a computer and drag the module "Top menu" and drop it where you want your top menu. Press the cog wheel (on the right) to edit the top menu.
4. You can have automatic menu options i.e.
- All categories
- Archive (on item for each month)
You can also choose your own text, icons for your social medias and to upload your own pictures. If you click on Icon / Arrow up is "to upload a new image click here". Choose picture and save.
5. You can go to top menu (on the left) and click on pictures to change witch size signature should have.
6. Dont forget to Save and then Publish your design
7. Now you are all set!
Note that the email may be in junk mail (spam)
If the mail is in the spam folder, please mark it as not junk so that other important messages (eg Password Reset) do not end up there
Register domain name
First buy the domain name from a domain registrar, we recommend citysites.eu
Go to Your blog / Settings / Own domain to enter the domain name and follow the instructions how to set up DNS at citysites.eu
If you already own a domain name
- Contact the company where you bought your domain and ask them to change DNS pointer to: 188.8.131.52
- Go to Your blog / Settings / Own domain to enter the domain name
Note that you can only use one own domain name on Nouw. You can always use URL redirect if you have more than one domain name. Your nouw.com-address will also always be active
With our powerful import tool you can import blogs from the most common blogging platforms out there.
Export and import Wordpress blog
If your old blog is using Wordpress then we recommend that you export your blog to a file.
- Go to “Dashboard”
- Select Tools/Export
- Select Export XML (All content) and save the file on your computer.
- Upload the file on Nouw (Your blog / Import blog).
Import from other blog portals
Go to Your blog / Import blog and and follow the instructions
Nouw automatically pings your blog URL to different services after posts are published.
This is done with "xml-rpc" to the following services
On Your blog / Statistics you can see
- Viewed posts
- Written blog posts
- Nouw followers
- Blogkeen followers
Per week, month, 100 days or total
If you add a Blogkeen button to your blog you will also see Unique Visitors
- Go to blogkeen.com search for your blog
- Press "This is my blog" and follow the instructions (on iPad / tablet or computer)
- Paste the code into the module called "Widgets" in
Your blog/design (this module is normally in the left column of your blog, see example below).
Start by edit a blog post, choose text box.
Press "More", then "<>HTML"
Paste the HTML code inte the text box.
Press "<>HTML" after you have pasted the code
NOTE: HTML with "script" tags is not supported on Nouw, please use alternative code without script-tags
Image format must be JPG, PNG, GIF or BMP.
Animated GIF has to be less then 2MB
Affiliate links in cooperation with Metapic helps you as a reader to easily find to shop for the products you see. While the blogger gets paid for his work.
Sometimes bloggers get paid per click, sometimes when there is a purchase, and sometimes not at all.
Bloggers choose freely among hundreds of stores and millions of products to recommend the right things they like.