HOW TO DEVELOP YOUR PERSONAL SENSE OF STYLE
"Style is very personal. It has nothing to do with fashion. Fashion is over quickly. Style is forever." -Ralph Lauren
1. Find a signature item. ..something that is totally uniqe about you. Think about a piece that you love the most or use often. Make it "your thing". This could be a little thing like your favorite earrings or a watch. Maybe you love your black bomber jacket or your oversized hand bag? There are so many options like hats, caps, boots, gloves or high waisted jeans. It is your choice. Pick something and build your outfit around it.
2. Accessorize it. Details are very important. These little things are like icing on the cake. The key is to pick right accessories and match it to your outfit. Try to choose something that you can't live a day without. Well, I don't want to exaggerate but you know where I am going with this. Personally, I love jewelry and I tend to get obsessed with earrings and bracelets. I could wear one thing for years. Find something like that for yourself. It could be a scarf that you can wear around your neck in the winter time or attached to your handbag in the summer. There are a lot of options out there. A simple belt could make such a difference to your outfit.
3. Wear your favorite colors / patterns. Many of you probably noticed that I am totally in love with white. I really struggle finding stuff that I like that are not white! This is my style and my signature look. This color is a huge part of my style. Don't be affraid to try new colors. There are so many people that are choosing black every time just because it's safe. It's easy to style, makes you look skinnier and it's simply elegant. I understand that but try to mix it up a little. Put a little detail in a different color to make it more interesting. After a while you will be more open to colors and new patterns.
4. Set fashion goals. Think about what you like and dislike about wardrobe. Clean it up, get rid of your old stuff that you are not using anymore. Are there things that doesn't fit you anymore? Slowly replace it with new pieces. Start with things that you could use on a daily basis. Focus on stuff like jackets, that you can style it up in many ways, jeans and shoes.
5. Very important thing is to stay individual. Don't think about other people's opinions. They are not you. You are You and you are one of a kind. Be special and be yourself. Don't be affraid to show it because life it's too short. People can be mean but that's their problem and a way to show their insecurities. Be yourself, be happy and don't care!
JEANS: Gina Tricot
CLUTCH: Tory Burch