"Every woman needs a
little black dress"
A little black dress (LBD) is a black evening or cocktail dress, cut simply and often quite short. Fashion historians ascribe the origins of the little black dress to the 1920s designs of Coco Chanel and Jean Patou intended to be long-lasting, versatile, affordable, accessible to the widest market possible and in a neutral colour. Its ubiquity is such that it is often simply referred to as the "LBD".
Famous Little Black Dress: The black Givenchy dress of Audrey Hepburn as Holly Golightly in Breakfast at Tiffany's designed by Hubert de Givenchy, epitomized the standard for wearing little black dresses accessorized with pearls (together called "basic black"), as was frequently seen throughout the early 1960s. The dress set a record in 2006 when it was auctioned for £410,000, six times its original estimate
10 Gold reasons to wear Black:
- It means never worrying about matching.
- It camouflages any stains.
- It can be layered endlessly.
- It flatters every skintone.
- It allows you to go wild with accessories.
- It works for every season.
- It's figure - flattering.
- It always looks kind of dressed up.
- It never goes out of style.
- Makes you look classy and glamorous.
I personally think that a black dress is possibly the most elegant and sexiest thing you can wear.
This particular dress is not a typical classy one but I thought I will try something different and play with new trends.
What do you guys think?
In collaboration with Missy Empire
DRESS: MISSY EMPIRE
SHOES: CHRISTIAN LOUBOUTIN