This is a tortilla recipe I really love and have personally used!
it is easy and done in about one hour!
Time: approx 45 min. Prepping: approx 15 min and it yields around 20 tortillas!
What you need:
6 dl of all-purpose flour.
1 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
2 Tbsp lard (you can always use coconut oil)
2 1/2 dl water
1. Combine all the dry ingredients a bowl and mix it in.
2. put in the lard (or coconut oil) into the dry ingredients and use your hands to mix and make it look like cornmeal (crumbly)
3. pour in your water into the bowl of dry ingredients and form a dough consistency.
4. Put the dough on a lightly floured surface and knead it for a few minutes.
5. Divide the dough into two parts and put one of the dough into the bowl and roll the other dough on your working surface.
6. Take a knife and cut equal sized dough parts and roll into balls.
7. Turn on your skillet (or just a normal pan) medium-high heat.
7. Use a well-floured rolling pin and roll the dough balls into a thin, round tortilla.
8. Place as much tortilla bread on your pan as it can fit and wait until one side turns golden brown.
9. when one side turns golden brown flip the tortilla with a spatula and the same on the other side.
10. Repeat the process until you are done.
TIPS: Put a lid on so it creates steam and therefore it will be more bubbly and nice.