Design your blog - select from dozens of ready-made templates or make your own; simply “point & click” - Click here
It's November, i'm getting really excited for christmas. Even though i hate the cold and snow i love the winter because of christmas. It's getting colder and darker outside, which sucks, but the fall colours are really pretty outside.
This week has been very chill, last week as well. Fall break was this week but since i go to university we don't have breaks. But since i'm doing online school i have a break whenever i want. Last week i really did not do much schoolwork so this week i had to finish some assignments before their deadlines. I am going on vacation this Thursday so I want all my school done before that since i don't know how my internet connection and time will be.
Today i baked a cake but it was really a fail. The baking dish i used was smaller than the recipe said i needed so i put it in the over longer, but it still was raw inside. Now it's in the fridge but tomorrow i will put it back in the oven again and see if it gets better after that.
Halloween is coming up and for that you of course need some cool treats. Down below are some cool recipes you can try out this halloween!
Magnifying glass cookies
Find recipe here:
Chocolate moster cookies
Find recipe here:
Caramel candy apples
Find the recipe here:
Already October, time goes to fast. But i do love the fall and all the colours. This week has been a very calm week since i have finished most of my school assignments. The assignments i have now is to read two book and write about them, i also have a quiz next week so for that i need to read two other books since the lectures were cancelled.
For a long time, at least 5 years, i have had a lot of pain in my body because of gymnastics. I went to a physical therapist once but then did not go back. But since it is free for another year i decided to start going again. So i went once this Tuesday and i have my next appointed next Friday, I also have to book a time at the dentist because my tooth has been aching for a while.
Not a post in forever, are we surprised?
Anyways, yesterday was my 19th birthday. I'm getting so freaking old. I always get this age freakout every birthday that the years go by super fast. Since half my family worked yesterday we celebrated my birthday on the 27th. Also i had gymnastics practice and an appointment at the naprapath yesterday.
For my birthday i got an activity tracker bracelet. It's a polar loop 2. I also got a new pair of jeans since all my jeans seem to break at the same time. I was supposed to get some books to but the shipping has been delayed so i still have to wait for those.
Today i have been catching up on school since i haven't done much of that the past few days.
This was my first week of school. The first days i really did not do much studying, even though i should. I am studying 4 courses which is quite a lot of work. But at least today i was really productive. Yesterday i wrote down all my assignments so now i know what i have to do. That really helped me today when i wrote my to do list. I studied from 10.00 to 17.00 with only a few breaks, so that feels really good.
On one of my breaks i went to the store to buy some caesarsallad and some snacks for tomorrow since we have a gymnastics camp. I also picked up a package that was delivered and it was a book for one of my courses that finally got here, it took forever. For my law course i ordered books on Tuesday and payed extra so that the would be delivered in 1-3 days, but the store has not even shipped them yet and it have been 4 days now so i'm not happy about that.
I just started university and since i am doing online school it is really important for me to have self discipline and get my schoolwork done. These are some of my tips to be more organised and get your work done better and faster.
Being healthy and life a happy lifestyle is a priority in a lot of peoples lives. At the same time it can feel hard and we start procrastinating. But actually it is not that hard to make a few changes in your daily routine that will make you happier and healthier both mentally and physically.
1. Drink at least 2 litres of water everyday. A huge percentage of the population on earth today are chronicaly hydrated. Drinking more water each day will improve your mood, give you better skin, help you sleep better, make you loose weight and helps your organs. So if you know that you drink too little water, bring a bottle with you to school or work that reminds you to drink more.
2. Be outside everyday. Getting sunlight is vital for your body. If you don't get enough sunlight or vitamin B you can get depression. If you know that you life in a darker part of the world where the weather can be very grey and cloudy, make sure to buy vitamin B tablets at your drugstore.
3. Exercise daily. Working out is a great way to start your day. Even if it is just for 5 minutes every morning. It helps wake up your body and metabolism, and it helps your body focus throughout the day. If you have more time it is also great to go for a walk and get the recommended 10,000 steps a day. 30 minutes of exercise should be your minimal goal, and using a step tracker app on your phone is a great way to keep track.
4. Read a book. Getting away from technology is really important. Reading a book is a great way to relax, and it is very good for your brain. Using your laptop for too long can be hard for your eyes and your brain and can often give you a headache, so try to at least read 2 chapters of a book a day.
5. Keep a journal. Journaling is a very good way to keep track of your day, mood and thoughts. There are multiple ways to keep track. Some people like bullet journaling and have creative ways to use mood trackers and write down thoughts. Other people just like it simple and use a notebook to write daily. The most important thing is just to write down something daily, even if it's just a few lines. It can help you process your thought and emotions instead of keeping them in and have them build up and explode for a minor issue.
6. Be of your phone for at least 1 hour. People spend way to much time using technology and phone nowadays. Putting your phone away for an hour or so every day can help you relax and just focus on yourself. Take a bath, read a good book, studying, cleaning, meditating, do a workout, whatever makes you calm as long as it does not involve technology.
7. Have a to do list everyday. Keeping track of what tasks you have to do every day can help you clear your brain and not make you as stressed. Knowing which events are coming up, what assignment is due at school or anything else. Having it on paper helps you remember and helps you to know what you should prioritize. And for me personally, i lose crossing over tasks i have finished and seeing the progress which makes me even more motivated to finish the rest.
8. Eat less junk. It can be easy to just grab the nearest snack when you're hungry or in a rush. But just choosing grapes over candy or an apple over chips can make you feel so much better. Make a list of snacks to replace the junk with and have them ready in you fridge for when you get hungry or start craving. Having fruit instead of junk can also help us feel better and get more productive since the food that you're eating actually helps your body and gives it nutrients.
9. Smile more. Meeting people or just smile at a stranger can boost both your mood and other peoples moods. Smiling even when you actually feel like crap can trick your brain into feeling happy and boost your mood. So if you feel like your day is shitty, smile even if it makes you look like an idiot because it will help.
10. Clean a little every day. Decluttering your work area, study place or house can make you much happier. Instead of seeing a mess every time and getting stressed you will feel relieved, and it is very therapeutic for many people to clean. It also means that you don't have to clean for a really long time once a week, but just for 5-10 minutes every day.
Today i have been very productive which feel really good. I vacuumed the whole house and my room, dusted my room, ironed clothes and organised around my laptop. It feels nice when it is clean around because otherwise it stresses me out. And i actually really like vacuuming. I also planned for one of my gymnastics teams tomorrow so everyone knows the plan.
My dad and i went to some nature place that is really popular because of some birds, and he wanted to watch those. When we got there it started pouring down rain but we had to walk 1.2km to get to the place from the car. My jacket turned out not to be waterproof so i was soaked. Now hours later my hair is still wet as if i just got out of the shower.