Grapes are known for their positive impact on our health. These berries contain lots of vitamins, besides, even grape’s leaves, seeds, and skin are used, mostly for medical purposes. And according to trusted sources, these berries are very simple to keep. But why do many people get concerned about grapes and their usefulness?
Can this healthy food be really harmful?
Grapes Benefits And Threats
Grape is indeed a beneficial plant since almost all parts of it can be used to boost our wellbeing. It is juicy, refreshing, hydrate our body well, and finally, grapes contain natural and safe sugars that make these berries so sweet. An ideal option for a ready-to-eat organic dessert that won’t add extra centimeters to your waist!
And if it is all clear with the leaves and other parts of this plant that are used for medical purposes and must be injected carefully and according to the doctor’s prescription, with berries it’s a bit more confusing. But since we mostly use and consume berries themselves, let’s see what makes them so potentially helpful.
1. Grape contains flavonoids that have an antioxidant effect. Due to this, grapes can lower the level of bad cholesterol, relax our blood vessels, and even bring down the risk of heart coronary disease! In this term, red grapes are way more useful than white or blush tones.
2. Grapes help to lose weight since it is a fat-free and low-calorie food
3. These berries are loaded with vitamins C and K
4. Eating grapes have an anti-inflammatory effect
5. They protect our skin from harmful UV radiation
6. If you eat grapes, be sure your brain will be healthy for a very long time!
7. Since these berries contain a lot of water, they are good for hydration
8. They even lower the risk of diabetes!
But at the same time, these so healthy berries have certain side effects that some of us must take into account.
1. Some people can be allergic to grapes or grape-containing products
2. Another potential reaction is stomach upset
5. Dry mouth
6. Sore throat and cough
If you notice that you have one of these symptoms each time you eat grapes, you’d better go and check yourself at the hospital since those could be the signs of allergy or grape intolerance.
Anyway, it is recommended to intake about half a cup of grape berries (approximately sixteen berries) for an adult daily to have no side effects.
So unless you have an allergy, enjoy these berries and grape juice safely to keep your health up! Grapes can be intaken as they are or as a juice, you can add them to various salads, both fruit and vegetable ones, or decorate ice cream and cakes with these colorful berries. Chopped grapes will even fit the chicken salad! And if you are looking for the easy-to-make and delicious summer refreshing treat, try to freeze grapes - these icy berries will be perfect on a hot day!