In today's Social Media world it's easy to feel envy for other people. Everyday we are bombarded with content showing lifestyles that often seems "perfect" and it's easy to compare with how your own life feels. The line between inspiration and pressure is sometimes thin. Here are some advices of how to tackle this:
1. Realize that you are often comparing your lows with someone else's highs. You are also sometimes comparing your progress with someones else's results. We met a girl today who was sitting with her phone on a dark december day and felt a bit bad seeing other people's happy Instagram feed. But then she looked through her own feed and decided to do a review to summarize her highlights of the year. She realized looking through it how fun year she had and that sometimes you forget your own highlights!
2. Remember that EVERYONE is suffering and tackling their own battles in life that you might not know about. There is no one who live a problem-free life.
3. Sometimes it's hard to realize the things above so from time to time take a digital detox. It helps you focus on your own life and your journey.
4. Unfollow accounts that doesn't give you the type of energy you want. This is just as important as choosing the right relationships and workplace. Let your Instagram be a happy place!
5. Try to make a shift in your mindset. "If she can do it so can I!". By genuinely supporting other people you will receive so much love back. Their success doesn't limit your opportunities. There are endless of potential for you!
6. Dare to be vulnerable. I know it's scary but by opening up about your own tough times you realize that you are not alone and that is something that can give you strength. Whether you are struggling as a new parent, with a new company or a social setting that makes you feel insecure there are for sure many people out there who can relate.
Have an amazing weekend!