I wanted to chat with you about what happened in 2017, where I am now and my goals for 2018.
2017 was a hell of a year, I had a lot of highs and lows thats for sure. I went on my first big travel adventure. I travelled to LA, New York, Washington D.C and New Orleans. I skied for the very first time in California at Mammoth Mountains. I put myself out there for new opportunities and met a lot of inspirational and talented people along the way! After coming back from the US I had a much needed gap year from University, many of you will know that I lost a very close friend of mine to suicide and I became very sick shortly after. The stress from it all made it incredibly hard for my body to function. I started to work full time and I loved it! Until a co-worker consistently bullied me for being vegan. I didn't tell anyone I was vegan until going out for drinks/dinners it eventually came up. I felt really uncomfortable at work so I decided to quit which was hard because I felt like I had made a wee family in the short time I was there. I then went back to the LA and travelled to Mexico which was so insane and incredible!!
Fast forward to now
I have a really good feeling about this year. I gave myself the time I needed to grieve, learned how to put myself first and get my mindset back on track. I'm feeling a lot more confident about myself and where I want to be and I feel like nothing can stop me from chasing my dreams! I'm enrolled in my final year of my Bachelor of Arts degree and I'm really looking forward to experiencing my final semesters at university. I have almost completed both my majors so now I'm able to pick any papers I want to finish my BA! So I'm taking a few media papers and I'm going to learn how to speak Spanish!!!!! Over the summer I've been either at home or in Auckland spending most days at the beach, snorkelling and going on hikes! It's coming up to my 23rd birthday on the 24th of Feb so I'm currently getting ready to go on a road trip to Tauranga/Rotorua!
2018 Goals & Aspirations
1. Get my Leaners! After I finish university I'm wanting to travel the USA and New Zealand in a van so I need to get it pronto!
2. Go to a New Zealand ski field and go skiing! I really want to find out which style I prefer, I've never snowboarded before so I want to give that a go and see if I like it better!
3. Learn how to fluently speak Spanish. I've wanted to learn how to speak Spanish for so long, so I've enrolled in a Spanish paper next semester! Fingers crossed I come out knowing how to say more than Hola and baño!
4. Go to yoga classes! Now that I've been doing yoga at home/by myself for a year now I've built up the courage to go to a class and improve my techniques!
5. Go for a run at least once a week and build up to twice a week. I had so many sports injuries that would flare up every time I wanted to be active and it made it really difficult to work out. My physician gave me these exercises and after of a year of hard work my body feels brand new!
6. Finish university at the end of the year! I've done the hard yards with my degree so I've set myself up for a good, relaxing (if I can even say that?) year
7. I've been dying to get to Thailand and/or Bali since I was 18 so I really want to save up and go at the end of the year!
8. Attend Lululemon's yoga session every Sunday. I live in Birkenhead so it literally takes 10 minutes to get to their store in Takapuna and its FREE! I'm just building up the courage to go!!
9. Explore the North Island more! I moved to Auckland in the beginning of 2015 and I feel like I still haven't done near enough adventuring around the North Island as I always had dreamed!
10. Go to my first concert! I always get mad FOMO when I see people going to concerts. I MUST GO TO ONE THIS YEAR
11. Start creating youtube videos! This has been a goal of mine since 2014 when I filmed my first video. It is horrendous and I am kind of glad I never posted it!! 12. Save enough money and buy a drone! I've wanted a drone for so many years and I really want to take my creative passion to the next level!
Thank you so much for stopping by and reading this blog post x It means so much to me to have your continued support. Let me know some of your goals and lets try smash them out together! x