Last time I talked about snacks and sweets. I feel like the key to having a healthy life is to have a balanced life. Therefore, I have decided to not limit myself too much and to not feel guilty when ever I have something dessert like. What I have tried to do is to find healthier options to the unhealthy things.
So last time i shared something salty with you. To replace chips or other salty snacks. This time I have decided to share something sweet with you.
These are my brownie bliss balls. They are gluten free, sugar free and dairy free. It's the perfect snack to have to you coffee or as a small little dessert after dinner. They are super easy to make and need no baking time.
1 cup (93 g) raw walnuts
1 cup (150 g) raw almonds
2 1/2 cups (~425 g) pitted dates (if dry, soak in warm water for 10 minutes then drain)
3/4 cup (60 g) cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
2 Tbsp cacao nibs
1/4 tsp sea salt
- Add 1 cup walnuts and almonds in food processor and process until finely ground.
- Add the cacao powder and sea salt. Add the mixture into bowl and set aside.
- Add the dates to the food processor and process until small bits remain. Remove and set aside.
- Add nut and cocoa mixture back into food processor and while processing, drop small handfuls of the date pieces down into the food processor.
- Process until a dough consistency is achieved, adding more dates if the mixture does not hold together when squeezed in your hand. You may not use all the dates.
- Then roll the mixture into walnut sized balls and put them in to freezer.
Ready to eat! The perfect compliment for you afternoon coffee.