We all know that health is wealth. That being said, lets show some love to our bodies with these simple, inexpensive methods of loving yourself now and further down the road!
1. Water, water, and more water!!! Drinking water and staying hydrated is beneficial to your body inside and out. Many of us struggle with the taste of water. Some believe it simply does not have enough flavor. Adding lemon is my favorite way to drink it. Create your own tasty water by adding other fruits and vegetables such as strawberries, cucumbers, mint leaves and more. Whichever way you decide to boost the taste of your water, just drink it!
2. Coconut oil may have saved my life. I literally use it for everything. Use it as a moisturizer and focus it on your forehead, under eyes, and other target areas. Coconut oil also works as a great makeup remover on your eyes; it doesn’t burn and gets rid of tough makeup with one swipe. Other usage is great for conditioning your hair and healing burns or scratches. Make sure you pick up the organic kind, found at Walmart, Target or Whole Foods!
3. Get enough sleep! Your body needs rest! Take time for yourself and enjoy a good beauty sleep. The iPhone now features a "Bedtime" option for your alarm clock. This helps manage a steady and consistent sleep schedule for yourself.
4. Own a SPF and use it! We should all be aware that UV rays from the sun could cause skin cancer and premature aging of the skin. If you have sensitive or acne-prone skin, it is smart to use a specific face moisturizer that is infused with SPF. At the moment I am using Olay Total Effects, SPF 30. Clinque also has great SPF mosturizers made for all skin types.
5. Yoga!!!! Whether you prefer hot yoga, outdoors yoga, or simply stretching in the comfort of your own home, this form of exercise is a great way to feel refreshed and confident. Although it can be difficult, yoga gives you the ability to push your limits but also helps you find a peaceful state of mine. My personal favorite is Bikrams Hot Yoga class; it will have you sweating out any stress or negative energy!
For more beauty tips check out my youtube page!