Thai Massaman Curry with aubergine, mushrooms and cashew nuts
- 150 g basmati rice
- 1 aubergine
- 100 g beans
- 200 g brown mushrooms
- 5 g coriander
- 0.5 lime
- 10 g cashews
- 1 tbsp yellow curry paste
- 150 ml coconut milk
- 15 g peanut butter
- salt, pepper, olive oil
1. Wash the vegetables and herbs. Wash the basmati rice in a sieve with cold water until the water coming through flows clear. In a large pot fill 300 ml of water, boil, and lightly salt. Stir in the rice and simmer for 10 minutes at medium heat. Then put the lid on, take the pot from the stove and let the rice soak for another 10 minutes.
2. Cut the ends of the eggplant and cut the aubergine into 2 cm cubes. Cut the ends of the beans and then cut the beans in half. Slice the mushrooms and finely chop the coriander.
3. In a large frying pan without oil or fat, fry the cashews for 2-3 minutes at medium heat, then remove from the pan and set aside. After they've cooled, roughly chop the cashews.
4. In the same pan, heat 2 tbsp olive oil and fry the aubergine and beans for 2-3minutes. Add the mushrooms and yellow curry paste and fry for another minute.
5. Add the coconut milk and 50ml of hot water to the pan. Stir in the peanut butter, reduce the heat, and simmer for 6-7 minutes.
6. After the basmati rice is done, slightly loosen it with a fork. Add 2/3 of the chopped coriander to the pan. Sprinkle the lime juice in the pan and season with salt and pepper. Spread the rice on plates, add the curry vegetables and sprinkle with the remaining coriander and the roasted cashew nuts.