Read the first part of our Palma trip here: A Palma Weekend in 26 Photos
When I (Yasmin) found out that we were going to Palma and Hotel Saratoga, I started looking up the hotel on Instagram and other social media platforms. First thing spotted; a rooftop! #winning. Also, since I’m a member of the Swedish Facebook group Vi som gillar att resa (an awesome way to get some great travel tips btw!), I noticed that several of the members spoke very highly of the hotel, so I was very excited to check it out upon arrival.
- The location. The hotel is perfectly situated in central Palma, with walking distance to the old town and city center. We took a cab from the airport to the hotel which was around 20-25 euros.
- The rooftop - do I need to say more? Perfectly suited for both sunbathing and evening drinks, we took every chance we got to hang out here - it's just impossible to get enough of the magical view over Palma. The pool closes at 10 PM, and from 7 PM and forward, you order drinks in the bar downstars (adjacent to their Jazz bar).
- The "event lights" in the hotel rooms. I’ve written about my passion for coloured lightening before, but Hotel Saratoga took it to the next level (scroll down for photos). The rooms were overall a pleasure to stay in!
- The friendly and service minded staff.
- Lack of bar food at the rooftop bar. Our solution for that necessary afternoon-snack was to buy some tapas from El Corte Inglés and enjoy it on the balcony instead.
- No possiblity to create your own omelette at the breakfast. Since we're true breakfast lovers, we like when hotels walk the extra mile, and omelettes or freshly made smoothies or juices could be a way to go. The fried eggs that were served were really good, though!
- The area around the second pool (on ground floor) could be a bit more exciting. The second pool is partly in shade, and the area next to the pool (below the stairs) wasn't really used for anything special. I see it as an area with great potential to create something as equally cool as the rooftop. Looking forward to seeing what Hotel Saratoga can make of it!
- There should be more tables placed in the outdoor area during breakfast.
Summary: I had a hard time coming up with some cons, since I was so pleased with our stay at the hotel. I give 4-star Hotel Saratoga 5 stars for a perfect hotel experience. Here's a recap in photos of the rooftop, pool area, breakfast, hotel room. Enjoy!