Quinoa stuffed bell peppers with tomato sauce. I mean, what more do I have to say? This is dish is among my favourite dishes, simple, filling and super delicious! I prepared these yesterday after school, and then it was just to heat it up and eat! If you can find beef tomatoes ( which we unfortunately don't quite have here in Sweden ) you can fill them with the quinoa-mix, soo good!
Quinoa stuffed bell peppers ( 6 servings ):
- 1 cup red quinoa
- 6 bell peppers, seeded
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 1/3 eggplant, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- Sea slat and ground black pepper
- Fresh parsley
- Fresh mint leaves
1. Preheat oven to 225 degrees celcius.
2. Bring the quinoa to a boil for about 10+ minutes until all the water is absorbed. ( see directions on quinoa pack )
3. Drizzle pepper halves with olive oil and roast in the oven with cut-side down for about 20 minutes until tender.
4. Heat a few tablespoons of olive oil in a pan and add garlic, onion, eggplant and zuzzhini. Cook until tender for 10 minutes, season with ground black pepper, salt and herbs. Turn heat off and toss boiled quinoa and feta cheese into the mixture.
5. Fill bell peppers with cut-side up, put lids on. Roast in the oven before serving for about 5-10 minutes.
Serve with tomato sauce and wholegrain rice!