Design your blog - select from dozens of ready-made templates or make your own; simply “point & click” - Click here
I'm down to my final choices.. and it is so hard.
How do you decide?
Any advice of what to think off etc?
I'm not getting married until next year in August, so literally it's one year away. But I am the kind of person that want to get things done.
Yesterday I contacted a florist and planned and decided on the wedding favors. I ordered my Swedish invitations. I'm trying to get the international invitations out as soon as I can.
I have also contacted a photographer and will book him by the end of the week.
Since we are having a destination wedding I feel the need to be on top of things. And next but actually the most important is to organize the legal paper work for the marriage license.
Puh.. it's exhausting planning a wedding.
Design your blog - select from dozens of ready-made templates or make your own; simply “point & click” - Click here
Happy to announce our wedding location. We will be getting married at El Convent de Blanes. A beautiful and unique place with a lot of history. The place is surrounded by water, overlooking the port, beach and city of Blanes.
To top it off the food will be provided by no other than Nando Jubany, a One star Michelin holder and famous for his amazing scientific approach to cooking.
We can't wait for the tasting 😋😁
#elconventdeblanes #nandojubany #costabrava #blanes #spain #wearegettingmarried #wedding2018
I have been very "off the grid" lately. Just so busy planning for our wedding day. We are now in Costa Brava, visiting various locations and trying to squeeze in a few minutes of fun and it is tough work.
I would love to know how You all choose your wedding locations?
Was it hard? Or an easy choice?
What where the justifications for choosing That place?
Besides all the wedding "stuff", Costa Brava is such an beautiful place and we have been eating like kings and enjoying the amazing nature around us.
I will be keeping you more updated as we move forward 😁😎👙
Sorry, I have been extremely busy since I got back from Sweden. Work is taking up a lot of time and since I work weekends and nights, the weeks seem to go by that much faster.
I'm getting married next year and being an extremely international person makes that 100 times harder. Living in Germany, getting married in Spain and family and friends from all over means a lot of planning needs to be done.
We have finally settled on an area of Spain, and just that was hard. Obviously all of Spain is gorgeous and picking one area, not to mention one location has been a struggle. We based our location choice on various points that we need to take into consideration.
1) Friends coming from all over the world; we need a big international airport close by.
2) The nature and food. We are both big food and nature lovers. We both love the green mountains and deep forests that we have in Germany, Sweden and Upstate NYC, plus we wanted a place away from the tourists.
3) The place need to speak to US, it needs to feel right. This is where we are now... and hopefully in August we have the location booked. "fingers crossed" 😁
We have reached out to several locations that we like, and end of July we will be heading there for a official visit. Cant wait 😍
Anyone that has any special advice on destination weddings?
I love to be at home this time of year. The weather has been perfect and we have enjoyed some absolutely amazing restaurants and drinks.
When I lived in the US (NYC) it was always harder and more complicated to come home for summer. Mostly because I only had two weeks of vacation. Now I have six weeks so quite the difference.
Umeå is a very nice city to visit if you plan to go to Sweden. Not only is the city beautifully located on the Umeå river but has amazing restaurants, bars and close to nature. Hiking, fishing or just shopping are some of the fun things to do around here.
I have added some photos from the food we have eaten as well as some other pictures I have taken.
#visitsweden #visitumea #umeå #köksbaren #sjöbris
One of my favorite times of the year.. midsummer in Sweden. It has never mattered where in the world I have lived, I have always tried to make it home to Sweden for midsummer.
For me it's a weekend filled with amazing food, beautiful nature (sadly mostly bad weather) but it doesn't matter we always make the most of it. It's a family weekend and we spend a lot of time outside, fishing, grilling and of course enjoying the sauna.
Being in a relationship with a man from Spain whom loves coming to Sweden surely helps. We spend a lot of our time traveling to Spain or Sweden for the important holiday and this can at times involve frustration as we rarely have a nice calm vacation to ourselves but we have learned from experience that,, that is how our lives always will be.
Anyone else that has experience with a multicultural relationship and vacationing?
Anyways, happy midsummer, glad midsommar till er alla 😎🌲🇸🇪🌸
After a nice long sleep I woke up to L's homemade gazpacho. The fact that he loves to cook is simply amazing.
We both decided to go for a nice 5k run and we are now back home, enjoying the amazing evening on the balcony with some amazing tapas and a nice sparkling rosé.
Life is simply perfect 🤗
I go through stages where all I crave are healthy salads, excercise and Zen. I am in one of those stages right now. Due to my insane workschedule (nightshifts) I obviously sleep most of the day but I still need my breakfast when I wake up. Most people can't function without coffee in the morning, I can't function without my breakfast.
I eat pretty much the same breakfast every morning... Greek yoghurt, one glass of fresh squeezed blood orange juice, one soft boiled egg on a freshly baked bun an No I did not bake =) see picture 👉
I am also extremely lucky to have a man that loves to cook. He made todays salads, with fresh mixed lettuce, tomatoes, red onion, carrot and tuna. And to top off the evening we ate on the balcony. Food for some reason taste so much better outside, surrounded by beautiful nature and smells. Salad pic 👉
I hope You all have an amazing day!!
I was born May 25th 1982 in Umea, Sweden. A beautiful town on the Umea river. I believe I had a good if not great childhood, I got to travel with my family through most of Sweden and later in my teenage years we traveled further and further. My parents seperated when I was 10 if I remeber correctly, I grew up with wonderful step parents and I could not have asked for more.
I have always been a dreamer, alwaysed imagined a different life for myself, and I was 12 when I told my dad that I was going to go to Highschool in the US and one day live there. I remember clearly my dad laughing and telling me "sure, then you better start saving some money." I worked various summer jobs and I guess my dad realized I wasnt joking, it wasnt just a phase i was going through. I ended up going to Wisconsin my last year in Highschool. It was an amazing experience on many levels; hard bc I left my at the time boyfriend, first time on my own in a new country, the struggles of fitting in (something I had never experienced before). But mostly it was inspiring, it changed me! When I came back to Umea, I knew the city was too small for me. I finished my last year of highschool in Sweden and eventually applied to University in the US.
I studied a year in Los Angeles at Santa Monica College before transfering to Berkeley. I met some of the most amazing people during my college years, sadly I am not in touch with all of them or as regularly as I whish. I ended up graduating on top of my class, a member of two Honor Societies and just loved life. I had a boyfriend, we lived together and life wasnt always easy, I actually worked as a nanny for many years just to be able to afford school and life. Eventually the relationship ended, not in the best way and it did throw me off ( a story for another day).
My last eight years in the US I spent in NYC. The best city in the world, with the best people, life is just different there. This is also where I met my future husband L. I have never been a person believing in soulmates etc. But he truly is mine. Life threw me another curve ball, and 2015 I moved my whole life to Cologne, Germany to be with him. I have since learned to speak German, L is from Spain so we travel there as much as possible and my Spanish is also improving.
This is Who I am!
I decided to start a blog, something I have though a long time about after getting a lot of questions about life as an expat. And I have spent a lot of time advicing people on VISA issues in the US (Greencards, student visas etc) as well as helping people with all the bureaucracy that is life in Germany. So I am hoping to write about these issues but also of course about my life and my various passions 😊
This is What I am about!!
- I’m about working my ass off. I have never choosen the easy way, actually I think I excel at choosing the hardest ways possible. I loved my job at the MTA in NYC. Life was and never is easy in NYC. Working 50-60 hour weeks is nothing out of the ordinary, but I loved it, I’m not interested in “taking it easy.” I am most healthy and flourishing when I am doing good work and having a lot on my plate. Currently I am not satisfied with where I am but I know that hard work always pays off!
- I’m about not being hateful and resentful. I can see it in your eyes when you resent the success of others. We should work together to do away with all that childish shit. Especially women. For some reason it doesnt matter where in the world I find myself but the negativity we women express toward one another is just disgusting.
- I’m about personal physical pain. Ever since I traveled the world, and did a Pilgrimage on a mountain trail with only a backpack, and way to little water, with blisters all over my feet i have a thing for physical pain.
- I’m about having a damn good time. I like to party. I love afterwork, happy hour and brunch :)
- I’m about shit not being such a big deal. I know, I know…. stuff is a big deal. But if you ever have the chance to have it not be a big deal, take yourself up on it. Quit your job. Get on a plane. Start that business you have alwaysed dreamed off. Travel, there are no excuses not too. Stay in bed a whole day if you feel like it. Dont blame yourself for the little stuff bc truth is, It’s not a big fucking deal.
- I’m about reading and learning. I love reading and when I get into it, I can devour a book in a day or two. Im also into listening to the radio, singing along or just listening to Podcasts.
- I'm about food, craft beer and Gin. I love life's small pleasures. Eating and cooking is something I love to do. And craft beer and craft gin has become a staple in our household.
- I'm about Interior Design. This is my new addiction. I can spend hours and hours online, on Instagram, looking for inspiration from various places and people around the world.
- I’m about loyalty. This isn’t so dissimilar to wanting the best for those around you, and working hard to make sure it happens.
- I’m about trying something new for the sake of it. I’m about that adventure, that trip or new activity. Actually, i tend to jump before I check if its worth it, but thats whom I am. I am a risk taker, I have never been the loudest or most open person, but I am a go getter and will make that adventure come true. I will try, ok almost everything, at least ones.
- I’m about my family and friends. These are the people I live for. I have my blood fasmily of course, in Sweden. My soon to be Spanish family in Spain and my awesome NYC family. These people inspire me, encurage me, support me when I need it. These people are simply my life.
This is me; I'm glad You found your way here and I am excited to hear from you. Thank you for reading, love V