This is the perfect raw cake to make if you're having a dinner party! It looks incredible and I'm sure that you're guests (even the ones who still don't know what cacao butter is) are going to love it :D
Ingredients for the base:
2 dl/200 ml oat flour
1/4 dl/25 ml melted coconut oil (I use a scent-free one)
1/4 dl/25 ml maple syrup
A dash of vanilla powder (use as much as you like)
1. Mix all of the ingredients in a bowl.
2. Put the mixture in a pan and flatten it til it's about 1 cm in height. Put in the freezer and leave for at least 30 minutes.
Ingredients for the filling:
2 dl/200 ml cashew nuts (soaked overnight)
1 1/2 dl/150 ml shredded coconut
A dash of vanilla powder
1/4 dl/25 ml cashew or almond milk
1/2 dl/50 ml maple syrup
1. Mix the shredded coconut into a coconut butter in a food processor.
2. Add the soaked cashews and vanilla powder and mix until it looks like a cookie dough.
3. Add the cashew milk and the maple syrup.
4. Add the mixture to the oats layer and put it back in the freezer for a couple of hours.
Maca chocolate (top layer):
1 tbsp/15 ml cacao butter
2 tsp/30 ml maple syrup
A pinch of salt
1 tsp/5 ml maca powder
1. Put the cacao butter in a dubble boiler and melt.
2. Once the cacao butter has melted; add the rest of you ingredients and whisk until everything is combined. Pour your chocolate over the cake and let it chill in the freezer until it is set.
Now your cake is done! I put some regular raw chocolate on top and dripping down the sides, I also added some frozen raspberries and sea buckthorn. The baking tin that I used is only 15cm in diameter, so the recipe is a small batch (I think it would be perfect for 10 people, it's quite heavy so you want small slices). If you want to make a bigger cake I suggest that you dubble the recipe. Make sure to take out your cake at least 10-15 minutes before cutting and serving, enjoy!