This is the best quick snack ever! Ever since I came up with it I've been obsessed. It has actually become a problem... Because it's so simple to make I find it hard not to whiz up my oats and make them into cookie dough (and probably eat them strait out of the bowl tbh) after every meal.
2 1/2 dl/250 ml oats*
1/4 dl/25 ml virgin coconut oil
1/4 dl/25 ml maple syrup
A sprinkle of vanilla powder
A dash of salt
50g good quality dark chocolate (I use one that is 85% cacao)
1. Mix the oats into a flour.
2. Melt the oil and mix it with the oat flour, maple syrup, vanilla and salt.
3. Cut 10g of chocolate into small pieces (like chocolate chips) and mix it in with the dough.
4. Melt half of the leftover chocolate (i.e. 20g). Pour the melted chocolate into small muffins cups (I use 6 for this recipe) and put them in a freezer for a minute.
5. Start melting the rest of the chocolate (i.e. 20g). Take out your cups (with frozen chocolate) and add the cookie dough mixture on top*, press it down so that it is compact and put it back in the freezer for another minute or two.
6. Take out your cups once again and add the melted chocolate on top of the frozen cookie dough. Put it back in the freezer and they're done!
These are really the best things ever, I hope that you give them a try! And as always; if you remake anything from my blog I would love to see it!
* Side note: the recipe make quite a lot of cookie dough. The reason for this is that I tend to eat a lot while I bake, but if you're better at controlling yourself you can roll the leftover dough into balls or make the cups with a lot of cookie dough filling :)