Moreinformation about this job:
Reportingdirectly to the Vice President of PBO Business Strategy and Operations. The Complianceand Operations Specialist will play a key role on the Business Strategy andOperations team.
TheCompliance and Operations Specialist (COS) will work independently to ensuretheir designated offices are in compliance with proscribed policies, proceduresand regulatory requirements. COS will act as a liaison between the QA unit andthe Preferred Banking Offices and management teams. Compliance and OperationsSpecialist (COS) works with multiple businesses units in a changing environmentwhere the complexity of the job changes from day to day.
Theposition requires travel to existing footprints of the bank on a regular basisto ensure adherence to regulatory, compliance and policy requirements. Theposition also requires an ability to work alone and set an appropriate scheduleto make certain all assigned Preferred Banking Offices are reviewed on aregular basis for specific tasks (not limited to but including, wire review,daily work) with an additional role of training and developing other teammembers such as FlightPath QC Associates.
Thisdynamic position goes beyond strictly operations review and includes performingperiodic Assessments, monthly reviews of the entire Preferred Banking Office’soperations with an added emphasis on training and development of assignedoffices and bankers.
TheCompliance and Operations Specialist will consult with various business unitsacross the enterprise (i.e. Legal/Compliance; BSA/AML; Risk, Fraud andSecurity; Internal Audit; Deposit Services; etc.) to ensure all offices withintheir assigned regions are prepared for internal or external regulatoryexaminations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Workson multiple Quality Assurance / Quality Control tasks across the PBO’s withbankers. Proactively uses independent judgment to identify opportunities toimprove the quality and usability of internal processes to enable our bankersto be in compliance with regulatory requirements and the bank’s Policies andProcedures of the Bank (e.g. Big Green Book and Eaglesnet).
· Hasa strong working knowledge of Regulatory and Compliance requirements and BankPolicies and Procedures to participate in the creation, preparation, andconduct of Office Assessments along with leading professional developmentseminars as necessary to guide our bankers and all bank stakeholders.
· Cross-trainsas FlightPath QC Associates for entry and audit of new accounts and accountdocumentation including changes to signers on accounts to enforce and complywith the bank’s KYC process. Performs this function as needed. Mentors andtrains the FlightPath QC Associates.
· Uponrequest, provides the Vice President with accurate QA status reports whichidentifies operational deficiencies of the PBO’s. Documents, presents findings,and relays evaluative feedback to the Vice President and leadership team.
· Worksclosely with the Vice President to ensure all operational issues areeffectively communicated, including actively participating in ad-hoc projectsand team meetings, while exhibiting ownership, follow-thru, initiative andindependent judgment at all times.
· Responsibleto work on projects, including, but notwithstanding, monitoring, consolidating,and archiving active and pending reports, and performing other duties &responsibilities as required by the VP of Business Strategy and Operations andtheir assignee.
· Responsibilitiesinclude the following: 1) adhering to and complying with the applicable,federal and state laws, regulations and guidance, including those related toAnti-money laundering (i.e. Bank Secrecy Act, US PATRIOT Act, etc.) 2) adheringto Bank policies and procedures, 3) completing required training, 4)identifying and reporting suspicious activity to the AML Officer, and 5)knowing and verifying the identity of any customer(s) that enters into arelationship with the Bank.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, ANDABILITIES:
Minimum3-5 years of supervisory, retail branch operations and customer serviceexperience. Strong communication skills, manage multiple projects under rapidlychanging conditions, ability to multi-task, strong attention to detail,excellent problem solving and follow-up skills, computer skills with anemphasis on Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Position is required to travel 80% ofthe time. Must have excellent organizational and oral presentation skills. Acandidate is expected to be a self-starter with a high ability to quicklycomprehend technical concepts, and willingness to take charge and seek outanswers, use independent judgment, even when given minimal instruction andguidance.
· Visionmust be sufficient to read data reports, manuals and computer screens.
· Hearingmust be sufficient to understand a conversation at a normal volume, includingtelephone calls and in person.
· Speechmust be coherent to clearly convey or exchange information, including thegiving and receiving of assignments and/or directions.
· Positioninvolves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing forbrief periods of time.
· Mustbe able to travel in a limited capacity.