Sriracha hot sauce is so delicious and can be used in so many different ways. This time I've used it as a base for a salmon marinade - giving the salmon a nice spicy edge. I wanted to fry something new with salmon. I usually just bake it in the oven with various garnishes. This turned out delicious and is really straight forward to make as well.
4 Salmon Fillets
60 ml Tamari
2 tbsp Honey
1 tbsp Rice Vinegar
1 tbsp Sriracha Sauce
1 tbsp grated ginger
1 tbsp minced garlic
Spring onions to garnish
1. In a big bowl, combine the soy sauce, honey, vinegar, Sriracha, ginger, and garlic. Add the salmon and ensure it gets well coated. Let marinade for at least 1 hour, before cooking it.
2. Prepare an oven proof dish with foil and put your oven to 170C. Remove the salmon from the marinade, but make sure to keep the marinade. Put the salmon on top of the foil and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
3. While your salmon is baking, prepare the egg noodles as per the instructions on the package.
4. In a frying pan, heat the sesame oil. Remove the salmon from the oven and put in the frying pan. Fry for a couple of minutes on each side to finish it off.
5. Remove the salmon and in the same pan add the left over marinade and the egg noodles. Fry for a couple of minutes. Letting the noodles get well coated in the marinade.
6. Serve the salmon on top of a bed of noodles, finish off with garnishing the dish with spring onions.