I once went 365 day, yes a year, where I ate a muffin for breakfast everyday. There is this health food store near by where I grew up, that makes the best vegan muffins. I was OBSESSED. I would have one of their muffin for breakfast every day. I no longer eat a muffin a day, however, I am still a huge fan! Making muffins can be a pain because if you make a batch you may have more muffins than you need. Then you may need to freeze some so they don't go bad and then it becomes a process. This is my solution, SINGLE SERVE MUFFINS! This recipe is exactly what you need to make a single muffin. Hope you all like it!
-2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons of buckwheat flour
-1 flax egg (1 TB flax seed + 3 TB water)
-1/2 of a ripe banana mashed
-1/8 teaspoon baking powder
-1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
-3 tablespoons non-dairy milk of your choosing
-1 Tablespoon maple syrup or other liquid sweetener
-optional: 1/2 teaspoon melted vegan butter or coconut oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Make flax egg by combining flaxseed and water, let sit off to the side to firm up.
2. Mash the 1/2 of banana then add flour, baking powder and cinnamon
3. Stir together ingredient till it looks clumpy. Add the nondairy milk and sweetener to the bowl and stir
4. Add flax egg and optional butter/coconut oil to bowl and stir
5. Put batter in a lightly greased muffin baking tin or silicon muffin holder. For decoration you can put a thinly slice banana coin right on top of the muffin before it goes in the oven.
6. Bake in 350 degree oven for 15 minutes - till golden brown around the edges.
Let cool and enjoy!!