Location: San Francisco,CA, USA
Job Type: Permanent,Full time
Company: First Republic Bank
Updated on: 05 Jun 16
More information about this job:
TheHead of Digital Channels Risk Management is responsible for delivery,maintenance and evolution of an effective program for the identification,measurement and monitoring of risk and associated operating controls related tothe department and its digital products and services.
This individual will work closelywith managers and teams within Digital Channels, as well as with organizationsacross First Republic such as Information Security, Vendor Management,Information Services, Audit, Compliance, and BSA/AML, to ensure that soundrisk, regulatory compliance, and internal audit processes are in place andmaintained in order to manage the accuracy and effectiveness of the Bank’sdigital services. The position will also consult to management and product teamson potential risk factors presented in new products, markets and procedures, aswell as stay abreast of market trends and developments relative to risk andsecurity aspects of online and mobile banking.
· Consult on potential risk factors presented in newproducts, markets and procedures, with the aim of reducing risk exposure to thebank.
· Work with Digital Channels managers and product teamsto facilitate the completion of risk assessments as required, and oversee thecoordination and continuous monitoring of open audit, review, and regulatoryissues.
· Serve as the Risk Liaison, the 1st line of defense,responsible for understanding the business unit’s processes and functions andidentifying and reporting risks or unusual trends.
· Assist Digital Channels managers and product teams inidentifying and addressing control deficiencies that surface as a result of anexposure identified during an investigation, or control issues resulting fromeither an internal audit or regulatory review.
· Maintain and evolve the Digital Channels RiskManagement Playbook, and assist management in ensuring controls and proceduresare in place to manage all audit and risk processes/issues.
· Maintain the department’s Risk Management Dashboardand supporting documentation for the ongoing monitoring and reporting of thecurrent status of risk controls, comprised of a number of categories such asAudit & Compliance, Business Continuity, Access & Identity Management,Vendor Oversight, and Fraud Detection.
· Advise managers and product teams in the successfuloversight/management of any relationships with 3rd party vendors to ensure astrong control environment is maintained at all times and that risk to the Bankfrom external vendors is minimized.
· Keep current on market/technology trends anddevelopments relative to risk and security aspects of online and mobilebanking.
· Perform duties & responsibilities specific todepartment functions & activities.
· Perform other duties & responsibilities asrequired or assigned by supervisor.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
· Minimum of 5 – 7 years of related work experience inat least two of the following areas is required: operational risk, IT audit,banking compliance, fraud prevention
· Minimum of 5 years demonstrated experience in DigitalFinancial Services system/product development is strongly preferred.
· Excellent presentation skills and the development ofrelated materials
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Strong organizational skills
· Ability to collaboratively influence business partnersin addressing control issues and business practices
· Ability to handle confidential information in a matureand professional manner
· Adaptability and flexibility
· Team player
· Undergraduate degree required; graduate degreedesirable
· Vision must be sufficient to read data reports,manuals and computer screens.
· Hearing must be sufficient to understand aconversation at a normal volume, including telephone calls and in person.
· Speech must be coherent to clearly convey or exchangeinformation, including the giving and receiving of assignments and/ordirections.
· Position involves sitting most of the time, but mayinvolve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
· Must be able to travel in a limited capacity.