feel good things:
1. watch sunrises and new moons. somehow, this makes me feel like the beginning of something new, the birth of my better, stronger self. watch the way the sun rises, because just like that, you will rise and shine, too.
2. sing your heart out, even if you’re off key
. dance until you’re exhausted. make art until you run out of paint. write out your negative feelings and tear up your paper. write out your positive feelings and frame them with a smile. indulge in your passion and do it like you’re doing it to impress yourself.
3. relive your favorite, happiest memory. it is one of the easiest most guaranteed effective ways to make your heart, your soul, and even your lips smile. no bias.
4. rewatch your favorite film. grab some chips, a bucket of popcorn or whatever you love to indulge in and have a marathon of your most-watched flicks. don’t hesitate to replay your favorite scenes if you feel the need to.
5. aspire and try to be kind, always. being kind on a daily basis is possibly one of the most exhausting and draining thing
to ever do but i
promise at the end of the day,
before you go to sleep you will realize: it is worth it. always.
6. take a shower. scrub off your creeping self-doubts, smell nice, and bask yourself with self-love. take your time to ponder about your life inside the tub or while you’re doing your skincare. this is the best time to reevaluate and relax.
7. be spontaneous even just for one day. drive away from the city. get a haircut. go to a coffee shop. sketch random places. let your heart and your thoughts wander. let your soul soar and be free.
8. treat yourself. it does not necessarily have to be something enormous, expensive or materialistic. it could just be a new set of brushes or getting a thrifted
second-hand book or buying yourself some bouquet of fresh flowers. it’s not about the tags, it’s about the thought.
9. rekindle your love for a forgotten passion. nothing beats falling in love with something the second time around. touch your dusty piano keys, start sketching or painting and once again (just like the old days), let your ardor dance in harmony.
10. take a nap. because sometimes, the best way to temporarily solve something, is to do nothing. yes, it is only ethical to give yourself a break from the overwhelming society. and yes, taking a nap most of the time makes everything better. (i do this one A LOT)
11. if you want to or feel the need to, cry. there is nothing wrong with doing something that is inherent. this does not prove that you are weak, it only proves that you are a human being capable of feeling things. so really, do not ever plan to hinder yourself from crying. it’s often times therapeutic.
12. do something that you have never done before. no more excuses. just because there is nothing more empowering and satisfying than crossing something out of your bucket-list,
if you have one ;)
I know life isn’t perfect and sometimes you need to tell someone about how you’re feeling. Trust me; been there, done that. I would also love to give you advice and I’m always here if you need it. Feel free to Instagram message me if you ever need anything. My instagram
. Or, if you prefer being anonymous, feel free to send me a message on my tumblr
Lots of love,