This immune boosting and super easy, spicy broccoli soup is rich in flavor and full of nutrients. Delicious, full of oriental spices, fragrant and just beautiful, this soup will warm you up from the inside out.
Why it's so good for you
☀︎ It's full of vitamin C and vitamin K, which boost your immune system and protect you from colds
☀︎ It's full of antioxidants that protect and detox your body
☀︎ It's full of high-quality dietary fibers which help with weight loss
☀︎ It's enriched with healing spices like ginger, cinnamon and turmeric
☀︎ It's good for heart health
☀︎ It's good for our bones and skin, but also helps fighting stress
☀︎ It's low in calories and very nutritious
1 large broccoli head
1 cup celery root - celeriac (about 1/2 medium-sized celeriac)
0.8 inch (2 cm) fresh ginger root
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground turmeric
1 vegetable stock cube
4 cups water
1. Wash broccoli and trim and chop the head. Peel celery root and cut into smaller pieces. Peel ginger root and cut into pieces.
2. Put chopped broccoli, celeriac and ginger in a deep cooking pot, add vegetable stock cube, water, and spices and bring water to boil. Cook for 15 mins.
3. Drain cooked vegetables and save water in which the vegetables were cooked - vegetable stock.
4. Place drained vegetable in blender, add half of saved vegetable stock and mix well.
5. Transfer mixture back to cooking pot. Dilute to taste with rest of saved vegetable stock.
6. Serve warm with whole wheat bread toasted with extra virgin olive oil and fresh garlic.