Ultra Villa, theworld’s first luxury portal for ultra-lifestyles, is expanding into excitingnew sectors: UltraLodge, UltraSail,UltraSki and UltraIslands. The new-looksite also now has UltraBoutique and UltraResort categories, which will showcasetrue gems of hotels and resorts that should be on every luxury lover’s radar.
Ultra Lodge shines the spotlight on theworld’s most prestigious lodges, making it even easier to walk on the wildside. This section will be populated byspecialists offering safaris, wilderness experiences, extreme landscapes, andsporting and hiking centres have all been carefully vetted with the samerigorous approach to quality that helped establish UltraVilla as the ‘littleblack book’ of luxury villa rental experts.
Ultra Sail ispoised to deliver access to small, niche operators in the yacht world, as wellas ocean and river cruises. UltraIslandswill showcase a remarkable collection of private islands or islands that housejust one resort – for those who truly want to get away from it all, either withfriends and family or for their own ‘Robinson Crusoe’ castaway experience àdeux.
UltraVilla’sselectionof experts dealing in the most extravagant chalets and ski apartments will nowbe housed in its own section, UltraSki, with many more joining soon, ensuringthis will be a true global showcase of the very best. The brand new sectionswill be populated in the coming months so watch this space! The redesigned website is also even easier tonavigate, and now includes a ‘New’ section to highlight the latest members tobe welcomed into the UltraVilla family. Having passed the stringent vetting process, this month sees six newexperts add their portfolios to the directory:
- InVillas Veritas – Laura Blair brings her appreciation ofelegance and the very best to the Turks and Caicos. Her offerings in Punta Mitarange from contemporary and luxurious sea and golf view haciendas to exquisitebeachfront estates.
-Pamela Murdock – A long time lover of the Bahamas, Pamelarepresents a wonderful range of properties on charming Harbour Island fromclassic Bahamian cottages to beach houses -including an ultra cool contemporarymasterpiece. She shares her insidertips with clients, such as when is the best time to get a table for lunch atSip Sip, who sells the tastiest jalepeño cheese bread, where the best desertedisland is to have a picnic and where to find the best barbeque (Hint: There’sno sign. Follow the delicious smell to the house with Christmas lights onDunmore Street).
- AmaraMyanmar – Originally founded by a member of the Burmese aristocracyto host European philanthropists who were supporting her foundation postCyclone Nargis, a share of profits go to the Amara Foundation. Amara’s ownunique offerings are:
* The two teak river boats, Amara I and II have only 5 and 7cabins respectively, and a divine crew. Forget anything else claiming to thebest on the Irrawaddy – this is the only way to travel in luxury and privacy,taking in Bagan and Mandalay, and the joys of rural riverine Myanmar on theway.
* The Amara Ocean resort. Three kilometres of perfectprivate tropical beach in this 25 teak bungalow resort set in the palm groves,on the soft, sandy coastline of Northern Ngapali. Enjoy spas, excursions to local markets andpagodas, and night-time fishing.
* The Amara Mountain Resort. It really is ‘Tales from theRaj’ in this 10-bedroom lodge in the foothills of the Himalayas, as you play golf,trek gentle paths, meet the colourful local tribes and snuggle by the fire oncrisp mountain nights.
- IsolaSanta Cristina – Exclusive to UltraVilla member SiglindeFischer/Charming Places and a brand new property to the market, Isola SantaCristina is a private island situated in the Venetian Lagoon. Arrive by theowner’s private launch to be met by peacocks strutting on the lawn in front ofthe villa; enjoy your own private nature reserve on this historical islandestate, complete with apricot orchard and vineyard.
Two new members COMING SOON:
- Schloss Kogl in Salzburg – A picture perfect,fully-staffed castle on Lake Woerthersee with a backdrop of the Alps, and themagical town of Salzburg a stone’s throw away – the perfect base for a culturalstay during the summer Festspielen or January Mozarteum music festivals, orjust to soak up Austrian culture and culinary glories, to follow the Sound ofMusic trail, or enjoy the plentiful sports and hiking opportunities of the lakeand mountains.
- Also look out for Excellence Villas, a great new Italianspecialist.
UltraVilla began as an invitation-only consortium for theworld’s leading independent specialist villa experts (limited to the top 5% intheir fields) established to provide a hallmark of excellence in that sector. Now encompassing the best of the bestin elite travel experiences, it offers a trusted directory, not a bookingengine, for high-end travellers and travel agents to the world’s top holidayrental experts working with the most exclusive villas, private houses, lodges,chalets, private yachts, private islands, boutique hotels and apartments.UltraVilla was founded by industry leaders Ileana von Hirsch of Five StarGreece, Andrew Loyd of Loyd Townsend Rose and Marina Gratsos of Carpe DiemLuxury Travel.