I've always wanted to be a Mother. As far back as I can remember that's all I've ever known for sure that I wanted to do with my life. When it came time to decide on a major in college, there was no deciding. I changed my mind every couple of weeks. I've been blessed to be home with my children full time now for the last 15 months. Even though I'm home I'm still determined to find a way to help contribute financially to our household.

As I've mentioned before, I'm a very crafty person. I love to paint, crochet, and make absolutely anything. For a while I was making and selling door hangers. I sell ItWorks products. I sell SeneGence products. I crochet baby blankets. And my newest venture has been selling homemade precooked dinners to help with those busy school nights.

I do all of that while also homeschooling my 3rd grader, cooking, cleaning, and chasing an 8 month old that has recently become mobile. No wonder I'm just tired.

Blog using your mobile phone - One of the best blogging apps on the market - Click here



This recipe can be used for so many different things. At our house it is my primary recipe for Sandwich Rolls, Hamburger Buns, and Dinner Rolls.

2 packs of dry yeast
1/3 cup warm water
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter
1 tsp salt
1 cup hot milk
2 eggs
4 1/2 - 5 cups of flour

Soften yeast in warm water

Combine sugar, butter, salt, and milk in a large mixing bowl

Let cool to Luke warm

Stir in eggs and yeast

Add flour, 1 cup at a time mixing well after each cup until a stiff dough forms

Knead dough on a floured surface until smooth (Roughly 5 minutes)

Place ball of dough in a greased bowl. Flip dough so greased side is on top.

Cover bowl with a towel and let dough rise in a warm place for an hour

Punch dough down. Roll dough into balls half the size you want your finished roll or bun to be. (these are going to rise again and will double in size)

place rolls on greased baking pan, cover, and let rise for 30 minutes.

Uncover and bake in Preheated 350°F oven for 15 minutes.



Lately I've been working on trying to slow down and just really enjoy the little things in life, like homemade bread for example! If you've ever had a loaf of truly home made, melt in your mouth, bread you find it hard to ever really enjoy the store bought stuff. We decided to grill burgers last night and upon hearing that plan my daughter runs from her room begging me to make homemade buns instead of going to the grocery store. I agreed because let's face it, that sounded absolutely wonderful! Grilled hamburger patties on a fluffy sweet homemade bun?!

All evening Gunner had been trying his best to take a nap. Mean Mama, however, wouldn't let him because in this house, a nap after 4pm means we are up till midnight or later. So while getting everything for supper ready Destiny had a Nerf war with the dog. (Gunner was on her team running around behind her in his walker screaming just as loud as she was) After he got bored with the Nerf war, I sat on the porch with Gunner for a while and visited with the nephews. My husband, trying to be helpful, sprayed Gunner's arms and legs with his bug spray and managed to spray half a spray directly into my mouth. Then asked me how it tasted. It tasted horrible and with that question I could have choked him if I weren't already choking myself.

I always try to get Gunner fed the last 15 minutes or so of cooking so it's easier for us to eat. I gave him a cookie to snack on while i prepared his food and he had had all he could take. The poor thing fell asleep eating his cookie. I woke him up enough (or so i thought) to eat. He proceeded to go back to sleep but continue eating. His eyes were closed and his head was down but he would still open his mouth for the spoon when it touched his lips. (True fat kid status) We ate supper and according to Destiny, "Mugshots ain't got nothin on Mama's burgers!" They were pretty good! ( http://nouw.com/mamagotablog/rollbun-recipe-26473141?cache=019177303 ) 

After supper Destiny quizzed Tim on her homeschool lesson for the day and Gunner knocked out for the night. And Mama was actually able to get a shower BEFORE 9PM. I'm just tired.



So this is me attempting to start a blog of my own. I like to write. I like to share. Why not join the land of bloggers?
Anyway, a little about me, I'm a 26 year old stay home Mom of 2 (3 if you count Axl) I love being a mom and a wife. It's what I'm good at. My days are nonstop and my nights only slow down for 2 to 3 hours at a time. But I wouldn't trade it for the world. My daughter is 8 years old and my son is 8 months old.

Maybe more interesting posts will follow, maybe you'll never hear from me again. Only time will tell. I'm just tired.



So I ordered this chinese peel mask thingy out of curiosity....got brave and decided I'd try it tonight considering Gunner went to bed early and Destiny was so give out from playing, she too was already in bed.

Anyway, I won't lie, I literally had to Google how to go about applying, wearing and removing this thing due to the fact that every single word on the package is in chinese. I do good to comprehend english. Well I find a translation and it's not a very good one apparently bc it mentioned a mortgage and exporting water so I decide to sort of wing it.

I open the package and start spreading the black tarry goop on my face. It's super cold and feels really good and thankfully has no smell! My failed attempt at googled instructions said something about 10-15 minutes so I decided to leave it on for 15 minutes. I sit on the couch and continue to watch Gnomeo and Juliet for the millionth time (don't judge, that is one of the cutest cartoons I've ever seen). I look down and the dog is staring at me. Just watching me watch TV wondering what in the world I have done to my face. By the way, at this point my face feels like it's got on ice pack on it. The goop got REALLY cold.

Fast forward 15 minutes...no, make that 19 minutes, got lost in my movie :)
I go to the mirror to start pulling this now very stiff thing off of my face and I can't get any of the edges to peel. Yup, I'm stuck. So I decide to squish my face up to break free from this contraption and manage to slip my finger under a piece and start pulling...

OH... MY... HEAVENS!!!! It hurts!!!! Not only is this sucker pulling everything out of my pores, it feels like it's pulling my pores inside out. No exaggeration, my eyes watered the entire removal process. In fact, Destiny came in wanting to know why I was trying to take off my face. Word to the wise, be very careful not to get it near your hairline or eyebrows.

I'd be lying if I said I'd never use it again. Even though it hurt taking it off, it actually worked really well! My skin is super soft now and you could see everything it pulled out. But I do however believe I'll give my face a  chance to grow back before attempting to rip it off again :)