No money? Don't worry! Your heart and soul is all that is needed for this little guide for how to make your loved one happy, for free! Giving someone a gift does never have to difficult. It neither has to be complicated or expensive. Invite someone for an evening in front of the TV could be enough. You could also just write a tiny letter, notes in an envelope, or why not a map of places you want to go together? The list goes on down below...
- A spa day together, at your place. A note or a text and its all set up! You can create amazing face masks yourself out of things you have at home. Google?
- Netflix and (literally) chill.
- Advice, in form of links to great websites or just pieces of paper with pepping quotes. Works: always!
- Flowers picked up in your (or someone else's) garden.
- Hugs, cuddle, kisses, compliments, a "good luck-kick"
- A collection of cool pictures you found in magazines. Put in an envelope, wrap it in newspaper, or maybe even with your old shoe laces. Fantasy has no borders!
- Pick out one of your old book that you could think of passing over to a new owner. Stick in some notes and pictures for the reader to find, eventually. It makes the present one of a kind, very personal.
- A collections of pictures with you two together.
- A setup with memories from journeys you've gone on together. Receipts, tickets, pictures, grocery lists...
The list goes on as long as you want it to.. Set your mind free :)
In old movies they always listen to mixtapes and vinyls, take pictures with old cameras and go on traditional dates where they share mixtapes and old photographs with eachother. After a couple of weeks deep down in the pink, romantic sea of love, they wake up again and their view of eachother are different than before. It's at that point when you start to think that those two persons could be soulmates, but the movie needs a conflict so they chose to break them up, out of all couples. To explain me and my impossible way of creating art, this could be it. After weak ideas that turn into me starting a half-ass project: I end up watching it all over again and see a mess of failures. A sea without water. An old movie, without the happy ending.
I do not know why we keep having those ups and downs. But after a lot of downs, you realize that the ups get better and better each time, and therefor it's always worth it to keep moving. Right? So I believe the dip that I am in right now is a time for me to, maybe not create art, but think about art. Gain ideas and inspiration. Create things over and over again in my mind. Maybe, prepare myself for my upcoming time in the spotlight?!!!
What is important is that we never give up on ourselves. The downs brings a lot of bad moods, but also sometimes insecurities. Do not fall for those insecurities, because they're temporary and it's your brain messing around with itself. At the end, we're all just human, with ups and downs and insecurities and imperfections. And, it seems like anyone can become president nowadays (= YOU can do anything, don't give up!!!).