Can we all just take a moment to reminisce on some of 2014's beauty mistakes. I know there are over 700, but lemme just name the top 10...
Starting with 10...Overly highlighted and dewey skin. Your face looks like a ball of grease. Stop doing that.
9. Over-arched eyebrows. Now I love a good arched brow...but it shouldn't make a 90 degree angle. Did you use a protractor for those things? Now I know why my math teacher abused this rule...hmm.
8. Orange lipstick. This was never a thing and should never be a thing. Like sorry did you just kiss an Oompa Loompa? Sure looks like it.
7. BLUE lipstick...didn't think it could get worse than orange but YEP that happened.
6. Flash tats. Can't we save these for the middle schoolers. Like okay I get that wearing ONE looks dope, especially with a tan....but not when you put on so many that it looks like a skin disease.
5. Mile-long, sharp stiletto nails. Do you just not go to the bathroom...oh you must air dry.
4. "Spider-clumpy" eyelashes...EEEEK talk about unnatural. You may as well glue a mascara tube to your forehead just in case people didn't know you were wearing three tubes of mascara on each eye. Remember ladies, less is more.
3. Over lined lips. Here's the thing, I love my lip liners. There are 5 of MACs "Whirl" lip liners in my purse right now...but come on girls we can't all look like Kylie Jenner. Im guilty of hopping on that Kylie train and refused to get off until I looked in the mirror and saw a clown glaring back at me...I hate clowns.
2. Overdrawn, severely squared, sharpie colored EYEBROWS. Listen you guys, I was born with thick brows...not to mention a unibrow, but if you don't have them DONT FAKE THEM. I'm not saying you shouldn't fill them in or thicken them up to give that face some life, but it's all about being natural. Embrace your natural beauty ladies. Enhance it, don't cover up what ya mama gave you. We can't all look like Cara Dellivargo.
And the winner goes to....
1. Heavy Contouring...yes I mean when you take that creamy white concealer and glob it under your eyes, down the bridge of your nose and wherever the hell we are suppose to put it to give our faces the illusion of a perfectly chiseled, plastic, overly made up look. For some reason, every single make up line decided that they needed to create a kit ONLY used for contouring...I mean do they understand that it's only leading to zebra stripe faces and a horrible white cloud under our eyes in every single flash selfie we try to take? Now don't go and throw away the 12 contour kits you bought in 2014, I'm just saying, use them lightly :)