Header

Silica gel is one of these things that I've seen all my life and I've never really understood what it does haha! So today I decided to find out!

If you didn't know, these tiny bags are put in stuff to absorb and control any excess moisture that could be damaging to the product. And I always thought it was very poisonous, since it clearly seas "DO NOT EAT" on every little bag. But apparently it isn't poisonous at all! It only says "DO NOT EAT" 'cause it's 1. not food, and 2. a choking hazard, especially for small children.

I also learned that you don't have to throw them out, you can use them for different things around the house. Such as saving a phone that has been water damaged or maybe keeping important documents or Christmas decorations free from moisture that could possibly ruin them!

So now we all know, once and for all!

Likes

Comments