Anyone interestedin becoming more involved in the NMSG group is more than welcome. The manyroles all take time and as a mum there are often not many hours free! So themore people on the Committee,the more there are to share the roles and hours required.
The NMSG is run completely byvolunteers and all roles are unpaid. What we can’t provide financially we aimto make up for in other ways. With a very social group of mums on the committeethere is always someone available for a coffee and coffee catch ups and dinnersare a regular occurrence.
If you would liketo apply for a position, please email: email@example.com with a briefintroduction about yourself. Feel free to also email the same address if youhave any questions about the role.
Current Vacancies are listed below:
Special Events Host: time commitmentfor this position is around 4 hours per month (on top of other committeeduties)
· This role is the organisation ofad-hoc events for our members.
· There are 3 main events per year,however, there is also scope to add smaller one off events to the calendar.
Speaker Coordinator: time commitmentfor this role is around 4-6 per month (on top of other committee duties)
The Speakercoordinator is responsible for arranging and coordinating the talks / speakersfor the NMSG monthly talks and AGM.
· Researching potential speakers andtopics and preparing a talks calendar for the year ahead with the NMSGcommittee
· Initiating contact with the chosenspeaker and providing information about the NMSG
· Confirming talk details and briefingthe speaker by providing guidelines on talk content, format and length.
· Preparing a synopsis of the talk forour communications channels up to 3 months in advance
· Looking after the speaker on the day –meet and greet, run through format, expectations etc - and set up thepresentation material
· Recording data post talk for analysisand future planning with Chairs
· Editing talk notes from speaker withapproval from speaker for publication in newsletter.
Talk’s coordinator - monthly timecommitment is around 3 hours (on top of the other committee duties)
The role involveshosting the monthly talk.
· Hosting means welcoming NMSG membersand taking their entry fee (if applicable), signing up new/ renewing members,and doing post-event admin including banking money taken, completing and filingpaperwork online.
Other Committee Duties
On top ofcarrying out the duties your role requires, there are a few other commitmentsto being a committee member:
· Attending our monthly committeemeetings (Thursday at 9.30am for 1.5 hours once a month)
· Helping out for the organisation ofand at the yearly Christmas party (held beginning December)
· Assist with updating the NMSG Livingin Singapore guide which is revised every 12-18 months
· Contribute 2/3 articles per year forthe newsletter
· Attend the annual AGM to ensure thereis a quorum (held in January)