What to see in Prague for one day trip? I made for you the list of top-places to see.
If you are planning to visit Prague for one day, be ready that it's totally is not enough to realize all the magnificent beauty of this old city.
We took Polski Bus from Warsaw, generally it takes around 10 hours to get to the point of destination. Check the web-site of the company for ticket price - there are also lots of discounts, for example I bought round ticket only for 50 zl (14,5$). This bus arrives to the heart of the city, so you don't need to worry about transport to the centrum.
1. Old Town Square. Start your sightseeing from old town square, the most interesting building of it is The church of our lady built in a architectural style that’s distinctively Czech—you won’t often find architecture like this elsewhere in Europe. The next stop is - Old Town Hall with the famous mechanical clock marking the turn of an hour. It is always surrounded by tourists which are waiting for the show on the top of the hour.
2. Charles bridge
A simple walk across the 14th Century bridge will bring you lots of joy and memorable experiences of visiting Prague.
3. Best view - Prague Castle
Prague Castle is really worth to see. It is located on the hill, so you will see the breathtaking view on city from it. Entry to the grounds of the castle are free. On the castle square you can also find the Christmas market as well, I strongly recommend you to taste trdelnik- traditional dessert and of course, hot wine.
4. Like on postcard - make photo with view on river Vtalva.
Going down from the Castle you will get to the bench of river Vtalva, there is also a very special place where all people come to feed swans and doves. Plenty of birds, perfect view, calm water of the river - I'm sure you will enjoy this beauty!
5. Taste the famous Czech beer.
The huge choice of bars offer famous Czech lagers such as Budvar and Staropramen also craft beers from the top microbreweries in the country. We was at not that much touristic place "U medvídků”. There you can both taste the beer and local cuisine with fair price so I strongly recommend to visit it.
📍Na Perštýně 7, 100 01 Staré Město
6. Discover Mala Strana
Mala Strana is Prague's oldest neighborhood. Cobbled elegant streets with hidden gardens make this the city's most picturesque district.
Also you will find here famous statues of Crawling babies by David Cerny.
📍U Sovových mlýnů 2, 118 00 Praha 1
7. Enjoy the night lights of old city
Prague at night is amazing, just walk its narrow streets, take the hot wine at Old town square and just enjoy.