Another day, another soup hehe. Yesterday I really felt to eat something comforting, filling but still fresh so this is what I came up with; farfalle and tomato soup topped with mozzarella and parmigiana! YAAAS!!! List of ingredients:
*500 ml of strained tomatoes of preferably a really nice brand (the quality of the tomatoes are one of the key components in my opinion)
*125 ml of cream (optional)
*shallots and garlic
*one cube of concentrated vegetable stock, honey, thyme, oregano, basil, a touch of soy sauce for umami, salt and pepper of course
*mozzarella and parmigiana cheese
... And here's how you make it:
1. Thinly slice the shallots and garlic and sweat in olive oil in a big pot for a couple of minutes..
2. In another pot bring some water up to a boil.
3. Add one cube of concentrated vegetable stock, honey (I always use honey to bring out and enhance the tomato flavour), thyme, oregano, a touch of soy sauce for umami and salt and pepper of course to the pot with the onions. Let sweat for a couple of minutes.
4. Add the tomato paste, strained tomatoes and some water. Let simmer.
5. Add your farfalle pasta to the boiling water (don't forget to salt the water as well). Cook according to directions on the packet.
6. When the pasta is ready remove it from the water and add it to the tomato soup. The soup has now become more concentrated in flavour from cooking down a bit.
7. Now you can add the cream if you want to. Stir. Spoon up the soup on a nice plate and tear up your mozzarella in small pieces to top your soup with.
8. Grate some (or a lot) parmigiana cheese on the soup and finish of with some fresh basil for taste and decoration. EAT!!