Traveling the world solo is something someone should experience at least once in their life. It is a great way to look at life in a different perspective and figure out your true self. I understand that traveling alone seems like a scary experience but if you consider your safety and your whereabouts than you will be fine. I also understand that there is a lot to think/do before you venture out into the real world. To make you less stress, here are some tips to make you excited.
1. Pack Light. When you’re traveling solo that means you’ll be relying on yourself to carry your own luggage as you will traveling place to place, so make sure you have a bag that is easy for you to carry. Make sure you bring the right essentials, and leave room for gifts for your friends and family.
2. Check to see if you have everything. If you are about to hit the road, double check if you have your wallet, ID, keys, phone.
3. Enjoy yourself. Being alone might seem scary at first but if you’re around others than enjoy yourself! You will gain the confidences you never knew you had before and trust your instincts. If you feel uncomfortable then remove yourself!
4. Distant yourself from Social Networks. As everyone has a habit of checking social media 24/7 and texting everyone about your adventures, don’t tempt yourself! You will see how many opportunities and new experiences if you connect with the real world.
5. Keep it easy. While you might feel overwhelmed traveling alone, just remember to take time to catch your breath and enjoy your surroundings. Find a quiet spot to collect your thoughts, drink coffee with a beautiful view. Think about how blessed you are while traveling.
6. Tell someone where you’re going next. Although your phone won’t be glued to your hand, remember to tell someone your next plan before you leave. So they knows your whereabouts if anything goes wrong. The best advice is. Make some new friends around you and maybe they could join you on your adventure!