I had a free day from school so I thought I could spend this day relaxing and doing what I love. I wanted to have a stress free day and what is a better way to accomplish it than reading your favourite book and taking some cozy pictures. It has been a very gloomy day and being cuddled up in bed is all I ever want to do on these kind of days.
While reading and drinking some camomile tea I thought I could write about things I thought today. Days like this I feel like I'm really putting effort on making myself confident and happy. I do more things that I enjoy and therefore I easily forget about things that stressed me out earlier on. Having time out of your daily schedule is the best therapy for you mental health. No technology just you and your time with yourself. Whether you like to read a good novel or you just like to be with your friends, it's important to do something you truly love. Having "time off" is very important and people usually underestimate the importance of it. It's a common mistake that everybody does once in a while. I want to courage you to take those "time off"-moments with yourself a bit more, if you feel overwhelmed about something.
Every human being has their own ways to spend their "time off"- moments, but I thought I could give you some tips on what you could do if you are in need of something relaxing on a stressful day. (Things I do when I feel a bit down).
1. Put every device that require Wifi away or turn them off. I usually put my phone on airplane mode therefore I can't hear a notification sound and my attention stays still on what I'm doing in that moment.
2. Grab a book of your choice and go somewhere where you feel the coziest. You can even go to the nearest cafe and read your book there. The most important thing is that you are enjoying yourself.
3. If you don't feel like reading a book you can easily grab a paper and a pencil and write down all of your thoughts. This way you can organize your thoughts and simply clear your mind.
4. Make a cup of tea and enjoy it. When I feel rushed, my choice of tea is always camomile tea. It calms me down and makes me feel alot liberated. To be honest any kind of tea is good. By drinking tea you will feel more recharged and that's what you need when you're having a"time off" - moments. I would highly suggest you to try it out if you haven't already!
5. Remember that it's okay to take time off on your busy days, because everbody feels sometimes a bit distressed. By taking time off and spending it the way that suits you the best is the most important thing. It stabilizes your mental health and nothing is better than feeling good even on your busiest days.
I hope you enjoyed reading my blog post. Until next time!