As fall continues here in Sweden, I feel like it is an appropriate occasion to speak about how much I miss home, and how I deal with homesickness. It's always so much harder than you expect it to be!
1) Keep in contact with your family: I try to talk to my family or at least my mom once a day! It helps me from feeling like I'm not too disconnected with life at home, and it's nice to be reminded that they're still there for you.
2) Keep in contact with your friends : Similarly to the aforementioned point, staying in contact with your closest friends is honestly some of the best advice I can give you. It's hard to keep up with everything, but even a couple snapchats back and forth or a minute long Skype call gets the job done!
3) Have things in your room that remind you of home: I've been fortunate enough to have friends who make things for me too keep in my room, but I also brought a bunch of shells and my favorite pictures, to put up in my room to remind me of home.
4) Make the most of your current situation: Regardless of what you're going through, or how much you miss being at home, it's really important to make the most of the situation you're in, even if you feel like you're not doing anything important at that time, keeping a positive mindset does wonders!
5) Look at the bigger picture: At the end of the day, whatever you're doing that is making you miss home, think about how it will make you grow as a person, and how insignificant those feelings will be in a couple of years <3
In the end, we all have a destination and it doesn't matter how you get there, or where you go but rather that you go at all.