Everyone has their own thoughts and opinions on waist training and you should always remember to listen to your body what it feels about certain things. Waist training could cause injuries if done wrong, educate yourself in beforehand!
Link to proper guide on waist training: https://www.orchardcorset.com/pages/how-to-waist-train-safe-effective
Waist training PROS:
1. Hourglass shape. Consistent use of waist trainer will give you a slimmer waist. This will only be temporary though, if you stop waist training your shape will eventually slowly turn back.
2. Good posture. The bones in the trainer will keep your spine straight and you will not only look taller but it could also be a cure for neck and back pain caused by bad posture.
3. Weight loss. This isn't necessary a pro, but while wearing the trainer your stomach will feel full sooner and you eat less. This could only be a good thing if you want to keep yourself from eating all unhealthy junk. Calorie restriction isn't a healthy way to lose weight and will eventually come back as soon as you lost it.
4. Losing water weight and reduce bloating
You will eventually sweat a little underneath because the trainer has many layers and isn't breathable. This makes you lose the extra water weight that could be caused of high sodium intake or else.
Waist training for CONS:
1. Could be uncomfortable. Yes it is tight, not going to lie and if you aren't used to it then it's very likely that you will feel discomfort in the beginning. After a while it will feel comfortable, if not, then you're probably in the wrong size.
2. Visible under clothing. No more needed, not something i personally prefer to wear in public.
3. Lost abdominal strength. ONLY if you take it tp the extreme and literally live in your waist trainer and don't use your own core support at all. Don't overtrain!