Since my last post was really depressing, I’m going to write something more positive.
We all want to be happy, right? At least I want to. I want to be happier and more positive. I try to but it isn’t easy. I think that since I’m really f*cking depressed and I’ve been depressed for a very long time, it takes time to get through it. Maybe it will take a few months or many years but eventually it’s going to be okay. Even if I’m depressed there are some days I feel happy. Some days I’m like this that I’m positive and stuff, like I’m right now. Who knows, maybe I’ll wake up tomorrow and wish I would be dead.
I try to be happier also because I’ve realized that my depression hurts many people around me and not just me. So maybe if I’m happier, everybody around me can be happier?
Here are some tips and advice on how to be happier and more positive.
1. Do not let hate get to you. Do not let haters bring you down. Try to not give a shit about what people think about you and what they say behind your back. I’ve always tried to be a girl who nobody hates and who nobody will talk shit about but it isn’t how life works. There will always be someone who doesn’t like you but don’t let them bring you down. Yes, words hurt but try to not care about it. Remember that if that person doesn’t know you personally, don’t take what they say personal. If someone talks shit about you or judge you, remember that there isn’t anything wrong with you, there’s something wrong with them. There are people who talk shit about me, who laugh at me and who look at me with that bitchy look if you know what I mean. When I think about what they think about me or when I see them looking at me and laughing, I used to think to myself “yeah I hate me too”. As I said, some days I’m more confident, other days, nah. But recently I’ve become more confident and I don’t give a shit about what people think about me. It does not matter what other people think about you, what matters is what you think about yourself. Let me tell you honey, you are absolutely beautiful and do not let some stupid bitch bring you down. You’re cute as hell babe.
2. Eat healthy. It may be easy to say and hard to do. I’ve been addicted to chocolate and stuff for a long time, I still am. The thing is that when I eat it, I enjoy it but as soon as I’ve eaten it I feel like throwing up. I’ve recently stopped eating shit like that and I feel better. Honestly. So please just try to stop eating shit. There’s this quote that says “Eat shit, look shit, feel shit or eat good, look good, feel good.” I know that chocolate, candy, chips and stuff like that, it is good but it is absolutely not good for your body. When you eat healthy, you’ll feel much better, trust me. And please, please do not starve yourself. I’ve done this and I noticed that I was more tired than normal and I didn’t have much energy at all. There’s no need to starve yourself. If you want to be thinner, do not starve yourself, eat healthy, that’s when you’ll see most change in your body. Believe me.
3. Be around positive people. I know a lot of people who aren’t positive at all. And when I’m with them I easily stop being happy too. But that doesn’t mean I’m going to stop hanging out with them, because I love those people, like really much. But as I said, hopefully my positivity will help them to be more happy. But be around positive and good people. Be around people who lift you up, not bring you down. And try to make the people around you more positive by spreading joy.
4. Wake up early. I’m a morning person. No matter how much or little sleep I get, when my alarm goes off at 6 a.m or if I wake up earlier than that, I get up. Okay on the weekends I sleep more but I try to get up at least before 10am on weekends. When you wake up earlier, you get so much more done. I love to just sit here at 6am, writing, drinking coffee, looking out the window and seeing the sun shine already at 6am. And now when summer’s almost here, I open the window so that I can hear birds singing. I love it. When I wake up early I feel so much more productive and that makes me feel good, happy.
5. Listen to music. Now I don’t mean sad music with lyrics that make you tear up, even if you do relate to it. I mean music that makes you happy, which gives you energy. Dance around your room, sing along to it like there’s no unhappiness inside of you. Everyone loves music, am I right? Listen to something that makes you feel good.
6. Wear something that makes you feel confident. I love fashion and I always put on some clothes that will make me feel good. Before I leave to go to school or somewhere else, I take a look in the mirror and I want to smile. I wear something that makes me feel confident. Wear what you want to wear, even if someone thinks that what you wear doesn’t look good.
7. Set some goals for yourself. Set goals for yourself that make you wanna jump out of bed in the morning with excitement and joy, and please do not stop until you achieve those goals. I’ve made a list of things I want to achieve in 2017. I’ve made a list where I’ve written what things I wanna achieve this month. If I don’t write that down, I probably won’t do anything about my goals. When I write down when I wanna do it, I know I’ll get it done, and I won’t waste any time.
8. Make changes in your environment. I personally love to clean and make changes in my bedroom. You may think that I’m weird when I say this but I love cleaning. My room is clean all the time and if it isn’t I don’t feel good and I feel like I can’t do anything else before I’ve cleaned that mess. I also love to make some changes in my room every once in awhile. Even the smallest things can make a difference, like hanging up some pictures or buying a new plant or just cleaning and getting rid of unnecessary things which will make your environment more clean and pretty. I hope that what I’m saying makes sense haha.
9. Change your routines. This is kind of similar to my last tip, to change my environment. Changing your routines, to change some things in your daily life. This can make you feel so much more inspired and it can kind of give you a fresh perspective if that makes sense. These are some of the changes I’ve changed to in my daily life. Waking up at 6am, not eating the same breakfast as always, writing in the morning or reading in the morning (because it puts me in a good mood), being positive at school instead of complaining, thinking that “okay let’s do this” instead of “ugh I’m too tired I don’t wanna do this”, walking home, eating healthier, changing my environment, watching and reading something that makes me happy and more positive, instead of listening to depressing music and thinking about how much I want to die.
10. Do more of what makes you happy. I’m sure you have heard that before, am I right? But it is true. To be happier you have to do things that make you happy. You can’t wait for something to come into your life that makes you happy. You can not wait for happiness to come to you, you have to create it. For example, I love writing, taking pictures and eating healthy. I love to wear clothes that make me feel confident and I love cleaning. There are many more things that make me happy. What may help you is to write down things that make you happy. Then do things that make you happy, it can be the smallest things like writing, going out on walks or cuddling you dog. Don’t focus on what other people are doing, don’t focus on what they think about you and what you do. Do what you want to do. Do what makes you happy.
Life sucks sometimes but it’s going to be okay. This is a messed up world and it needs more light and positivity. Be happy and spread happiness.
Be thankful for every single breath.
Life is a gift and it’s up to you to make the most of it.
There you have some tips on how to be happier. I may write similar blog-posts like this one. I hope that this helped you even a little bit.